• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Re-enabled hyperthreading, task manager only shows 4 cores

tubedogg

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
40
I have the i7-920;

A while back I turned off hyper-threading through the BIOS.
I turned it back on today, and noticed that Windows Vista task manager still only shows 4 cores.

I looked in device manager, and I see 8 items listed under Processors.

Is there anything that I should be concerned about? How can I confirm that HT is indeed, enabled?
 
msconfig.png


Run msconfig and make sure that the Number of processors box isn't checked. Also go into your bios and make sure all 4 cores are enabled.
You've only got half an i7-920 working for you at the moment.
 
unclewebb, thanks for your suggestion!
Unchecking "number of processors" did the trick.
 
Back
Top