RE 5 gold...no freaking way to play extra episodes?

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
I played RE 5 on the pc so I have no save on the the PS 3 gold version I am using at the moment. seems pretty stupid that I have go play the entire freaking game to play lost in nightmares and desperate escape. I tried using someone's PS 3 save but the game does not let you do that so why do people even bother putting the save on the web in the first place? what a bunch of shit just to try and play two episodes of a game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How is this different than any other multi platform games if I play call of duty on PC then play on Xbox or PlayStation my progress doesn't carry from one to the other. That's just silly.

How is this different than any other multi platform games if I play call of duty on PC then play on Xbox or PlayStation my progress doesn't carry from one to the other. That's just silly.
um I am not complaining about the save not carrying over as of course a pc save has nothing to do with a console save. I am bitching that there is no way to play the content at all without having to play through the game and you can't use another person's PS 3 save. I have RE 5 gold during my 30 day ps plus trial and simply wanted to play those two special episodes that they never offered on the pc.

Last edited:
Yeah its gay. Let me know if you want co-op through it I'll on this weekend I'm in the same boat..

I do not want to have to play through the game again in singleplayer or co op. I am so pissed off right now that there is no way of actually playing the content without doing that. I accomplished nothing at all by getting RE 5 gold as I cant even access the only thing I wanted to play from it. so no dlc for pc, no way to access it on PS 3 without playing whole game and you cant use anybody's else game save. :mad:

I do not want to have to play through the game again in singleplayer or co op. I am so pissed off right now that there is no way of actually playing the content without doing that. I accomplished nothing at all by getting RE 5 gold as I cant even access the only thing I wanted to play from it. so no dlc for pc, no way to access it on PS 3 without playing whole game and you cant use anybody's else game save. :mad:

yeah. I'm not too pissed as its a relatively short game, but it is annoying.

yeah. I'm not too pissed as its a relatively short game, but it is annoying.
RE 5 was one of the longest single player games I have ever played. even if was short, which its not, there is no way I want to play back through it just to play two episodes. I work 50-60 hours a week and already have a huge backlog plus I don't normally enjoy replaying games anyway.

I don't know if this has been recommended or not, but as an option, you could watch a long-play or playthrough video of the two episodes on youtube.
I know it's not the same as playing them, but in this case, it would sure beat having to play through the whole game again.

I don't know if this has been recommended or not, but as an option, you could watch a long-play or playthrough video of the two episodes on youtube.
I know it's not the same as playing them, but in this case, it would sure beat having to play through the whole game again.
that is probably my only option. I know those episodes don't really matter much but I had always wanted to go back to the mansion and play around seeing it with modern graphics.

if I were to get it for the 360 can I use someone's save for it or does it not accept other people's saves like on the PS 3?

Back