RDP Tip I just learned

djnes

Fully [H]
I guess many of you can laugh at me, as you've probably known this for quite some time now, but I didn't know how to use the CTRL + ALT + DEL function on the remote server when connected by RDP. Well, wouldn'tcha' know it, it's CTRL + ALT + END.

I'm almost embrassed to admit I just learned this now. :rolleyes:

Dude, I have been wondering how to do this for the longest time. Thank you. Did you do it by accident or you looked it up?

For the longest time I have had a shortcut on the desktop for task manager, now I will be able to get to it faster. Thanks!

Another trick for those of you doing remote admin of a machine that includes installing or rmeoving software. When going to an vista or 2003 box do mstsc -v:SERVERNAME -console and you will get console 0.

Very handy indeed.

Another tip is:

shutdown -r will restart machine
shutdown -s will shutdown machine

I'm almost embrassed to admit I just learned this now. :rolleyes:

*cough* So did I. For the longest time I was wondering how I could get Ctrl-Alt-Del behavior on the remote machine, but never really had the incentive to use google.

Anyway know how to emulate the Windows key behavior on the remote machine?

Anyway know how to emulate the Windows key behavior on the remote machine?
When you go to connect to the remote machine, in RDC, click Options, Local Resources. Change the ALT+Tab behavoir to "On Remote Computer". Then all the ALT+ combinations should work, as well the windows key combinations.

If you right click on the taskbar you can access the task manager from there.

rock on, been wondering that much myself at times.

yup, too lazy to google as it wasnt really much of a issue, but its definatly handy

wow. thanks for the tip!

i always just placed a shortcut to task manager on the remote desktop when RDPing

Back