RDP causing issue with GPU3

Weenis

I said WEENIS, not...
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
4,807
Hi,

I originally had some issues with GPU3 and my eVGA gtx470; Essentially the client was telling me it wasn't supported or just EUE'ing. With the help of a fellow [H]Folder Dookey(thanks man!) I pulled the drivers from the CUDA drivers and got it on track folding. (I had no issues with GPU2 and my 260 core 216 folding).

I've noticed now that I get the issue where the client goes to sleep, but not sure why.. until I RDP'd into the machine and tried to use the display to see how the client was doing... and it threw driver errors and crashed. I'm thinking it REALLY doesn't like RDP.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Possibly recommend an alternate remote desktop client that I could use to avoid this if it is the cause?


Thanks
 
LogMeIn is free, allows access from anywhere, and it's never interfered with folding on my boxen. I hate RDP and avoid using it where possible.
 
its because RDP uses its own generic display drivers which over rides the ones on the system and causes the client to crash..
 
I forgot all about this and RDP'ed into my GTX 460 system yesterday. The GPU client immediaely crashed, and it took me quite a while to figure out what happened. Moral to the story, don't use RDP if you are GPU folding.
 
I use TeamViewer; its free for non-comercial use. Works well, and does a good job supporting multi-screen systems (Select 1 or both screens, and can toggle between what screen your vieweing). Ran into this same problem with RDP on my main box!


 
Back
Top