RBE is an awesome tool!

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I'm sure the majority of you are aware, and use this tool, but I just used it for the first time.

I've been Oc'ing my 5770, and it was really ticking me off how it totally invalidated the powerplay settings. Basically, if I OC'd, my system would always run at the overdrive settings.

Once I found a stable OC, I fired up RBE and made 2 quick changes to the default clocks. I flashed in the changes (super easy), and now power play is functioning great. 2d mode 157/300; videomode 400/900; 3d mode 900/1350.

No more need for setting up and adjusting profiles in either CCC or afterburner!

Very cool tool, with a great tutorial.

No more need for setting up and adjusting profiles in either CCC or afterburner!

So other than that, is this really worth doing?

At this point, I'm not seeing much benefit other than saving a moment or two doing the quoted way above. Oh, right, raising the upper limits allows for higher OCs in CCC, but that is about it.

I currently use Afterburner to clock mine to the clocks in my sig while in 3D. (2D uses 157/300) Trying to decide if I want to apply my new BIOS or just continue with Afterburner.

So other than that, is this really worth doing?

At this point, I'm not seeing much benefit other than saving a moment or two doing the quoted way above. Oh, right, raising the upper limits allows for higher OCs in CCC, but that is about it.

I currently use Afterburner to clock mine to the clocks in my sig while in 3D. (2D uses 157/300) Trying to decide if I want to apply my new BIOS or just continue with Afterburner.

Actually it doesn't. Afterburner kills powerplay, infact if my card does downclock during Oc with AB, it stays that way until i reboot the machine. His method is far more practical and reliable, and is easy to do.

I've yet to see any problems with Afterburner. Other than GPU-Z's GUI pushing it into 3D mode. :confused:

It runs 2D on desktop, and switches to 3D as soon as a game (Or GPU-Z.) starts and back again when finished.

It used to stay in 3D mode no matter what a couple/few releases ago but seems to have been fixed now. I stopped using it when I realized that but decided to try again recently.

The afterburner 2D/3D detect tool caused hitching for me in l4d2 :(, parted ways at that point.

Does this tool have mem volt tools for the 5xxx range?

Afterburner is by far the best tool i've used so far for OV and OC but doesn't support Vmem control :/

Yup, it does. Lower left on the Clock Settings tab. VTT Registers, right below GPU Registers.

Though you want to be careful with tweaking memory voltages more so than core voltages.

Back