• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Razr or Logitech for Wireless Gaming Mouse?

ThePie69

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
71
Last edited:
I am currently using the Logitech G700s and I a very fond of it. It fits my hand quite well and performance is very good. The extra buttons are nice to have I guess, but they don't really do anything for me. Battery life is pretty good, but on the plus side it comes with an Eneloop and those are easy to find and replace, I have a couple extras on a charger as I use them for everything. The charging cable is too big and not braided or anything so it's inconvenient to use it wired, but this is somewhat mitigated by the easily swapped AA battery.

I also have a Razer Mamba in the closet. It's feels alright and the performance is good, but I ended up using it wired most of the time, essentially turning it into a DeathAdder. I also don't care for the soft-touch finish on it, it makes my hand sweaty and uncomfortable. Otherwise, the profile and fit in the hand is good. I I like the dock too. At end of the day though, the G700s is on the desk and the Mamba is in the closet.

The Logitech G602, while I haven't used it personally, I bought one for a friend from work for watching my dog while I was on vacation and he seems to really like it. He plays a lot of WoW and it fits with that well and the battery life is ridiculous.

The Razer Ourobouros intrigues me and I really would like to try it out, but the price to entry is just too high for me. Street price is around $100 I think but I'm not sure it's twice as good as the G700s and if you can order today, you can pick the G700s up for $50.

The Razer Orochi, in my humble opinion, is a poor choice for a desktop mouse. The bluetooth performance is pretty poor in my experience, but using it wired is good. Then again, this eliminates the wireless selling point here. On bluetooth, the Orochi is limited in DPI and I didn't care much for it.

The Razer Naga Epic Chroma is one I haven't tried, and doesn't interest me as I don't care for mice that have a billion buttons on the side.

I think the G700s/Mamba are equals depending on your preference, they seem to perform largely the same.

I am a fan of both companies. I am typing this on a Razer Blackwidow tenkeyless with the aforementioned G700s next to it. I would give Logitech the edge on mice as they seem to be very consistent and the support is wonderful.
 
I am currently using the Logitech G700s and I a very fond of it. It fits my hand quite well and performance is very good. The extra buttons are nice to have I guess, but they don't really do anything for me. Battery life is pretty good, but on the plus side it comes with an Eneloop and those are easy to find and replace, I have a couple extras on a charger as I use them for everything. The charging cable is too big and not braided or anything so it's inconvenient to use it wired, but this is somewhat mitigated by the easily swapped AA battery.

I also have a Razer Mamba in the closet. It's feels alright and the performance is good, but I ended up using it wired most of the time, essentially turning it into a DeathAdder. I also don't care for the soft-touch finish on it, it makes my hand sweaty and uncomfortable. Otherwise, the profile and fit in the hand is good. I I like the dock too. At end of the day though, the G700s is on the desk and the Mamba is in the closet.

The Logitech G602, while I haven't used it personally, I bought one for a friend from work for watching my dog while I was on vacation and he seems to really like it. He plays a lot of WoW and it fits with that well and the battery life is ridiculous.

The Razer Ourobouros intrigues me and I really would like to try it out, but the price to entry is just too high for me. Street price is around $100 I think but I'm not sure it's twice as good as the G700s and if you can order today, you can pick the G700s up for $50.

The Razer Orochi, in my humble opinion, is a poor choice for a desktop mouse. The bluetooth performance is pretty poor in my experience, but using it wired is good. Then again, this eliminates the wireless selling point here. On bluetooth, the Orochi is limited in DPI and I didn't care much for it.

The Razer Naga Epic Chroma is one I haven't tried, and doesn't interest me as I don't care for mice that have a billion buttons on the side.

I think the G700s/Mamba are equals depending on your preference, they seem to perform largely the same.

I am a fan of both companies. I am typing this on a Razer Blackwidow tenkeyless with the aforementioned G700s next to it. I would give Logitech the edge on mice as they seem to be very consistent and the support is wonderful.

Hey man I just wanted to say thanks for your reply. Really was informative and helped me make my decision. Wish more people took the time to reply like you do.

I ended up purchasing a G700S mouse with the G240 mouse pad. Got the mouse on sale for $50 and the pad for $18. Pretty happy with my cyber monday sale that I purchased at what feels like the last minute of the day. Hopefully everything works good!
 
Back
Top