Razr Maxx ICS 4.01 and battery

Begemot

n00b
I updated my Droid Maxx with the last week with the new version of ics, I believe, without looking, that it is 4.01. My battery life right after the update went from 3 days of medium/light use to 6-8 hours of very little to idle use. I know, I should do, and have done already factory reinstall after new os generations ie; gingerb to ics, but do I have to do that for incremental updates as well 4.xx to 4.04, sorry title is incorrect? I did get the battery life up to close to 24+ hours by installing the thunderbolt LTE switch off app, but it's still low by my previous standards. I'm hoping to avoid a full reinstall, but will to get my Maxx's battery life back. Anybody having the same observations?

Last edited:
Better Battery Stats.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Create an XDA account and download it. You can use it to check for partial wakelocks. that will tell you what's been eating your battery. You can go through regular battery stats under settings as well to see if you can see anything odd. Otherwise BBS is the way to go.

My bet is some app isn't playing right with ICS 4.0.4. You're on 4.0.4 not 4.0.1. ;)

Thanks Vermillion, I'll give that a try. You're are correct, 4.04 is the version I'm on.

Mine did the same thing. Went from 2 full days, to about a day and a half. Not sure I like the ICS. Can you roll back?

i know you said you did a factory reinstall, but did you do a factory reset from the phone itself? i had this issue with my sgs2 and fixed it by factory reset from the phone(reset should have a clean 4.01 install)

Mine did the same thing. Went from 2 full days, to about a day and a half. Not sure I like the ICS. Can you roll back?

No. You're stuck. I don't think the old GB fastboot files work anymore due to changes in the bootloader after the ICS upgrade.

Back