razer surround pro free at newegg

if you sign up for this and also the razer cortex deal finder they might give it to you for free (they did for me). the app actually works surprisingly well - it made using my analog headphones i bought for music work really well at finding enemies on FPS games like BF4.

From what I understand this software works very well. Very akin to CMSS-3D

if you sign up for this and also the razer cortex deal finder they might give it to you for free (they did for me). the app actually works surprisingly well - it made using my analog headphones i bought for music work really well at finding enemies on FPS games like BF4.

Give what to you for free? Razer Surround Pro or regular Razer Surround? Because this is essentially a trial for the Pro version.

Edit: Never mind, it's just like you said. If you download and install the free version they send you a Pro upgrade code for free. I'd already had Razer Synapse installed for my Naga and Tartarus anyway, so YMMV.

Last edited:
I don't get it. What do you do to get the code to unlock this to the Pro version? I have the free version installed, and I feel like the only thing that happened here was me giving my email to Razer so they can send me garbage in the future.

Something else needs to happen. You aren't getting anything free without extra steps which should probably be more clearly outlined. Am I just supposed to go install Cortex now and put more Razer shit on my PC in hopes they send me an unlock code?

They emailed the code to me right after installed it onto my existing Synapse install. So it's either the install or registering it to your Razer profile. If you've had it for a while, try reinstalling it or something. If that doesn't work (probably) try installing Cortex or whatnot.

Incidentally, I have to return this Razer Tartarus I've got now, simply too few buttons. Looks like I'll have to pony up for the outrageously priced Orbweaver. I wish someone made a standard keyboard you could simply detach into two halves. The main reason I got this keypad/gamepad thing was to free up some mouse space where the right side of the keyboard was.

Any other reviews of how well this works? Would it work with a USB headset such as the Corsair HS1?

Soon as you register a razer device it gives you a code. Via e-mail.

Last edited:
shit i don't have any razar devices :( but it works good with my logitech G930 , the logitech software is crap and glitches out stuff.

This is a crappy free deal , have to have a craptastic (imo) razar gear to get the code.

Okay after about 2~ of FKING around with this i found it out , in the options it says or to me it said send code and it sent me the serial . i didn't even need to register jack!

Can you screenshot what you're talking about, I never got a code in my e-mail.

Of course newegg chat is broken, so I sent them an e-mail where is the key?!?

After you install it, synapse automatically opens, click the headphones on the bottom left, click "upgrade to razer surround pro" (it's in neon green letters on the bottom right). It will open a box where you put the code in with a message that says an email was sent (to the email your synapse account is registered with).

After you install it, synapse automatically opens, click the headphones on the bottom left, click "upgrade to razer surround pro" (it's in neon green letters on the bottom right). It will open a box where you put the code in with a message that says an email was sent (to the email your synapse account is registered with).

Not for me.

Whoops, turns out I already had Pro from the last time Razer gave the software away for free...

If anyone still cares, the software actually works really well. Compared to the Soundblaster Cinema that came with my MSI board this thing seems to enhance positional audio a lot better.

I don't think it sounds much better than the "Dolby Home Theater" simulated surround that comes with Realtek drivers. It has a little more depth, but the positioning isn't any better.

I don't think it sounds much better than the "Dolby Home Theater" simulated surround that comes with Realtek drivers. It has a little more depth, but the positioning isn't any better.

Dolby stuff (Headphone, etc) is pretty good, so I wouldn't expect Razer to blow it out of the water with a software-only implementation, but it definitely beats stereo.

Yeah, but you're not gonna get your upgrade coupon that way. :p

I tried razer a while back and thought it was't very good. There was a slight delay in fps sound effects. Soundblaster SBX is much better in my opinion. (But more costly)

I must be going blind or something because I don't see any link to redeem the "code" needed to upgrade to PRO.

I didn't. Others in this thread have said to:

• Click on the "headphones"
  • Click options
  • Have Synapse installed first

None of that crap works. For those who it did work for I highly suspect they already had a crappy Razer device registered. For the rest of us, we got the same free version they offer on the official site.

I didn't. Others in this thread have said to:

• Click on the "headphones"
  • Click options
  • Have Synapse installed first

None of that crap works. For those who it did work for I highly suspect they already had a crappy Razer device registered. For the rest of us, we got the same free version they offer on the official site.

Yeah, I don't know what you were expecting. The Newegg link mentions nothing about "Pro" at all.

From Newegg? Nothing. From reading this topic (first) one would think it was the Pro version - past some hoop jumping.

At any rate... in the hopes no one else wastes time with this I just want to reiterate what I said before. This is the non-pro version which is already offered on the Razer site. The only way to get the unlock code it to register it along with another Razer product.

Back