razer surround and the Best surround sound technology?

Well that thing just came out so nobody is gonna really have an informed opinion yet. I'm generally distrusting of all things Razer (I found both their software and hardware to be shoddy), but I'll give it a shot this weekend and see how it compares to DH.

It is worth trying but I find the creative Z in just plain stereo headphone mode works best for gaming. With PS2 and BF3, I hear up down behind etc just fine. With my speakers, just stereo again, I can "see" the sound in the air around me. So yeah, the game engines provide most of the audio effects these days.

After playing around i find the razer surround to be pretty good. Between the SBX Pro Studio and razer surround are very similar. It's hard for me to say what one sounds better to me. I am using DT990's and they both sound awesome. I just played some Team Fortress 2 and Metro Last light, not sure about other games. If your someone without Dolby headphones or a sound card with virtual surround sound check it out.

Hah, as expected, I can't even get the damn thing to run. Just hangs at updating.

Between the SBX Pro Studio and razer surround are very similar.

soundcard control panel + OS + in-game audio settings please ? :)

It is worth trying but I find the creative Z in just plain stereo headphone mode works best for gaming. With PS2 and BF3, I hear up down behind etc just fine. With my speakers, just stereo again, I can "see" the sound in the air around me. So yeah, the game engines provide most of the audio effects these days.

plain stereo headphone mode ? why buy a Z then ? :S

plain stereo headphone mode ? why buy a Z then ? :S[/QUOTE]

The positional audio on the Z is better than any sound card I have had. No idea how they did it but compared to any of my old sound cards I can hear directional sound cues much more distinctly. Most games have better audio than anything that DH or whatever would do. Usually, anything added to the sound causes other issues. End result is you just don't hear as clearly. I do use an external amp though.

Last edited:
Back