Razer Mouse Surface

sameo88

Limp Gawd
lookin to get a new mouse pad....bit of a hard question cos it really comes down to my personal decision but what do people recommend especially people who actually have the following mouse mats!

Razer eXactMat or Razer Kabuto

it all depends on the mouse. is it optical, laser, or IR?

I have the Kabuto and the Destructor.

Kabuto is a slower surface, but allows much more control.

Destructor is super fast, but I find it very imprecise; almost twitchy.

From what I understand, the eXactmat is a combination of the two surfaces.

It all really depends on the type of games you play.

I opted for the less-expensive Razer Goliathus Control Midsize Mouse Pad and I love it. I had a very quick mat before and grew tiresome of it as it didn't feel right to me.

I have a friend who has the Speed version of the Goliathus pad and he loves his as well.

I have a goliathus control, speed (both medium sized), razer sphex (desktop skin, pretty cool) and kabuto.

I find myself using the control the most and the kabuto stays with my macbook pro for the most part.

I use a Deathadder on an Exactmat; the combo is awesome.
'Speed' surface for gaming and 'control' for Photoshop and Windows.
I especially like the rubber feet on the mat that prevents slippage.

I use a Deathadder on an Exactmat; the combo is awesome.
'Speed' surface for gaming and 'control' for Photoshop and Windows.
I especially like the rubber feet on the mat that prevents slippage.

+1 on this exact setup.

I have that Rocketfish mat above and it is really nice. Also the Razer Goliathus is silky smooth as well.

Just stay away from the Icemat/Steelseries I-2 mats! They are absolutely terrible! It literally feels like I am moving my mouse across sandpaper. Instead of a smooth glass it is like a very finely grained glass. If anybody wants to buy this thing though just let me know! lol (I gave you a good sales pitch there!):D:p

I used to have the Rocketfish mouse pad and it was a great pad, but eventually the slick surface got rubbed off by my mouse and I and bought the Razer ExactMat. But now with the Razer pad if I look at the surface at a certain angle, I can see the surface where my mouse has been moving on starting to thin out too.

I'm not too familiar with gaming mouse pads, is this just a thing that happens with these kinds of pads?

Those pads look way to textured for me. I personally am one that I don't want any texture! I want as smooth of a glide as they can give me.(Of course I am not the one looking for a mouse pad, so just ignore me) :p

I thought the same thing at first, but there's a lot of sense in the texture. Since the texture is completely flat at the tallest points, the surface is even and slippery. There's less contact between the pad and the mouse because there's less surface area to cause friction. Plus I think the xt is coated in teflon or something like that. It's really slippery, I've even had my mouse fall off my desk a few times.

Back