Razer motherboard replacement

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
5,333
Hey all. So my 2023 Razer Blade 16 needs a new motherboard, according to Razer. It powers on and is completely usable but I'm sure the GPU is shot since I can't game on it any longer. They want to charge me two thousand dollars which seems crazy expensive. There
are new motherboards on Ebay from trusted sellers for 1500. Should I try and replace the board myself or just leave it as is?
thanks
 
Hey all. So my 2023 Razer Blade 16 needs a new motherboard, according to Razer. It powers on and is completely usable but I'm sure the GPU is shot since I can't game on it any longer. They want to charge me two thousand dollars which seems crazy expensive. There
are new motherboards on Ebay from trusted sellers for 1500. Should I try and replace the board myself or just leave it as is?
thanks
Depends on a lot of things including your technical abilities. But for that much money if it’s not under warranty I’d be looking at brand new hardware like a new laptop. If it’s new enough to be worth that price to repair then it should be under warranty .
 
Back
Top