• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Razer DeathAdder Chroma - $38

Lowest price I've ever seen. I hope this has a better build quality than my World of Tanks Death Adder because the scroll button is going out on that one. That just may be the last straw for me for Razer but if anyone has the Chroma, please let me know about the build quality.
 
Last edited:
Lowest price I've ever seen. I hope this has a better build quality than my World of Tanks Death Adder because the scroll button is going out on that one. That just may be the last straw for me for Razer but if anyone has the Chroma, please let me know about the build quality.


It's a Razer product.. build quality is going to be shit.
 
I guess at this price point it's worth the risk. Giving Razer one last chance. If the Chroma goes bad in under a year I'll never go back to Razer.
 
Lowest price I've ever seen. I hope this has a better build quality than my World of Tanks Death Adder because the scroll button is going out on that one. That just may be the last straw for me for Razer but if anyone has the Chroma, please let me know about the build quality.

I've been using the Chroma for about 16 months now I think. Gets heavily used and no signs of wear that I can tell. You do have to use their synapse software which requires an account with Razer if you want to control the colors, which wasn't high on my list of things I wanted, but it sure is colorful.
 
I've been using the Chroma for about 16 months now I think. Gets heavily used and no signs of wear that I can tell. You do have to use their synapse software which requires an account with Razer if you want to control the colors, which wasn't high on my list of things I wanted, but it sure is colorful.

Been using the 2013 DA for 3 years, got the double clicking issue about 8 months ago. Still love it though
 
Got one, thanks. It was time to replace the G500 as the wheel had gone out about a week ago lol.... Still gonna try for a warraty replacement but I have replaced it two times already so I may not get another lol
 
Been using the 2013 DA for 3 years, got the double clicking issue about 8 months ago. Still love it though

I had Mamba, took me more than 4 years to get the double click issue. Not much sigh of wear either.

Great mouse overall.
 
I had Mamba, took me more than 4 years to get the double click issue. Not much sigh of wear either.

Great mouse overall.
Same here, my Mamba (original, not the 'updated' one from like 2012 or whatever) I just retired last year when I built a whole new system and went with a Deathaddder Chroma, though I never got any double click issue. I don't understand the fascination with all this RGB shit, but I set the light on it to white (to match my white backlit WASD Code) and it's been a fantastic mouse. Great weight, slides super smooth, great shape for my hand. I recently bought a second one for my bedroom for my Steam streaming NUC.
 
I still use my 9 year old Diamondback Blue Plasma mouse every day. Looks as good and performs as well as the day I bought it. That's back when Razer knew how to make a quality product.
 
I still use my 9 year old Diamondback Blue Plasma mouse every day. Looks as good and performs as well as the day I bought it. That's back when Razer knew how to make a quality product.

Funny you say that, my first 2 diamondbacks circa 2005 lasted less than a year each. My 3rd white Dback still works but its only for office work. My current deathadder has seen heavy CSGO/COD use since 2010 I think.
 
My diamondback lasted me a year or two which I had RMA'd and it lived another 2 or 3 years. I've been through so many logitech mice and razer that it's not even funny. Never had one last over 2 years, most were replaced due to double click or not registering a click. Past few years I've had 3 g500 series, 2 deathadders, logitech mx series, some random cheap corsair, that one fatality mouse (wasn't so bad) anddddddd now I'm using a corsair m65 RGB so fingers crossed. If I can get a mouse to survive a year or 2 that is fine by me.
 
I own this mouse and I paid 55$ a few months ago. I'd still pay 55$ if I had to replace this one. It's worth every penny of it. So it's a steal at 38$.
 
Razer isn't my favorite company but this is probably my favorite mouse next to the new Corsair one
 
Wish I'd seen this thread a few days ago as I recently bought a Diamondback Chroma. I used a Razer Copperhead for about 5 years or so and it's left button started to double click. I replaced it with a Taipan a few years ago and it's worked fine ever since. I bought the Diamondback just because I felt like it. :p

$38 was a pretty good price on that mouse, shame I missed it.
 
Back
Top