Razer Copperhead or Logitech G5?

ScotteusMaximus

Limp Gawd
so i'm looking to get a new mouse to replace my old optical intellimouse explorer, and i've narrowed it down to the copperhead and the G5. i've read through a lot of posts with people supporting one or the other. which do you guys think is the better mouse? i'd especially like to hear from people who have used both but have a preference for one.

on a separate note, any standout recommendations for a mousing surface? i had a func 1030, but it wore out the teflon feet on my mouse (my roommate has the same mousepad, but with an alienware logo, and it worked perfectly with my mouse), and my ratpadz GS has seen better days, to say the least. i've been using this pad for over 2 years, so i have no clue what sort of crazy mousepads are out there now.

To be honest, go to a comp store and feel both of them, they are at the complete polar opposites between the two. I had planned on the copperhead, until I felt it, so I liked the feel of the G5 better.

Yeah, it's personal preference. Personally, I like the G5 but that's just me.

comfort wise, i can use either mouse with a little tweaking to my mousing grip, with a slight preference to the copperhead. i also like the 2nd side button on the copperhead, but that's not really a dealbreaker. has anybody noticed any difference in tracking or drag between the 2 mice?

also, anybody know a store where i can actually use the mice? all of the stores near me have the mice tethered to crappy generic mouse pads but don't let you test them in games or programs.

i use a diamondback with an xact mat, one my clan mates uses a g5 with the radzpadz or whatever u call them. We both have stock teflon feet on our mice. They seem the same, although he doesnt put weights in his so his is lighter.

I have a Diamond Back and a Logitech 518 and if the 518 is anything like the G5 then I say no. Keep in mind I have not tried a G5 personaly yet, its just that I like the Razers Sensitiity control better than Logitechs.

when i first got my copperhead, I wasn't thrilled, it just felt...wierd.

after a while of getting used to it (I spend 60 euros on it, i wasn't gonna give up too quickly) and eventually getting very good with it, I have to say it is a very very good mouse. Its nice a light and very very accurate.

I love it, but it does have a learning curve, just so you are aware.

I picked up the copperhead and I gotta say I love the tracking but my hand kind of cramps. There is just no meat under the top surface. It gets all anorexic. I end up kind of pinching it when I need a good hold on it, with my thumb and pinky! That's no good, just look how narrow it is on the bottom. I bought it because I thought it would be a good idea to use my fingertips to guide the mouse around more. A logitech you are kind of pushing it around because your whole hand is floating. I wanted to try a new style so coming from an MX700, I went with this. Well, mission accomplished but with this hand cramping caveat. The buttons on the copperhead feel kind of cheap as well. The front one is hard to hit especially. Much harder than on my old MX. I guess I will have to decide which style I will live with. Other than the mosing style that results, I guess the other reason I like it is because the laser engine in it is simply ahead of my older and heavy logitech. So... if my hand doesn't get used to it who knows. I know i can get a lighter and more advanced logitech, though it irks me to lose a thumb button on a G5. So it boils down to whether my desire to switch mousing styles out paces my desire to not experience pain my hand. I'll wait it out and see how it goes, but if the holidays extra time to game makes me feel like I have carpal tunnel... forget it.

few weeks ago I would have said the copperhead.. however, after buying a G5 I have to go with that.... Razer mice feel well.. cheap in your hand, like theyre made flimsy.. this G5 isnt feels tight.. wonder if that makes any sense?

oh well, the Razer mice I have sit in the closet and this G5 flys

If i were you i would get the MX518. Has the buttons unlike the G5...

copperhead. i disagree with the cheapness comment, the clicking feels worth the money alone, and i don't go in for the logitechs' pseudo-ergonomics en ccouraging to clamp your hand around the fucker

Just choose on feel. The G5 felt too bulky for me but the Copperhead feels quick and nimble, which allows me to be a railgun whore in Quake 4 and to be called an aimbotter in CS.

Ditto there. Copperhead all the way. Does have a learning curve, but once you learn it, you'll be all set.

Worldhammer said:
Haven't used a G5 but I would not give up my Razer for anything now that I am used to it.

Completely agree.

When I first got the copperhead I was actually a little disappointed with it. It felt really weird in my hand. Now that I am used to it, you would have to pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers. I want one for work now too.

I like the "on the fly sensitivity" feature that Razer has. Does the G5 have that?

The mouse is shaped very differently.

The Razer mice are meant to be moved with your fingers alone, with your wrist resting on the pad.

The Logitech mice are meant to have your whole hand on them, so you need to rest your forearm on the desk and move your whole hand to move the mouse. I guess some people like that because it feels like you have more "control".

I dunno.

I don't like wrist cramps or repetive strain injuries, so I use Razer mice.

dderidex said:
I don't like wrist cramps or repetive strain injuries, so I use Razer mice.

I used the MX500 and its successors' designs on the MX510/518, which I call a recycled design, for 2.5 years, and realized how badly it screwed up my wrist. I have no more pain using my Copperhead now.

I have both the MX518 and the G5. The G5's wheel sucks as it's hard to click it without having it scroll up or down and they also got rid of the forward button for Internet browsing. One step forward, two steps back. I might give the Copperhead a try.

Back