Razer Blackwidow Ultimate $89.99 @ Frys

I would like to get one of these.. No frys in Ohio tho, just MC
*Sad Panda*

i think the purpose was to post a deal for the MECHANICAL keyboard, not just a reg razer keyboard :)

but anyways good deal, i might stop by to check it out, good chance to try it with an option to return if i don't like it

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cheap mechanical keyboard but you get what you pay for.....

Texture wears off keys very fast and they Cherry MX switches used on it are the loudest there are.

Cheap mechanical keyboard but you get what you pay for.....

Texture wears off keys very fast and they Cherry MX switches used on it are the loudest there are.

complete rubbish...

I've owned a Black Widow since release and have zero problems with the finish. The feedback of the blues is a non-issue for me, but that's purely a personal preference.

I also own 2 Filco's one for work/secondary rig and have owned a Das in the past. I'm very happy with the Razer

Agree with above poster. The build may not be exactly filco quality but it's still leaps and bounds above most other keyboards. If this was a tenkeyless I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

I thought that the mechanical switches would be the best part of my new filco keyboard, but having my mouse 4" or so closer to the keyboard was even bigger.

Doesn't really help to post the ad

Here is a direct link to the product at Fry's:

that is a link to the standard Blackwidow. This is the link to the correct keyboard:
http://www.frys.com/product/6373181?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
which does not show the sale price. The website rarely shows same price as the B&M sale, which is why I like to link the ad. I agree it is a good way to check stock on items though.

Anyway I did break down and pick up one of these. It's been a long time since I used a mechanical and it's gonna take me some getting used to.
...and yes - it is clickety-clackety loud!

the lighting is very high quality. one led per key, so it's very even.

as for the keyboard itself, blue cherry mx switches are loud, but of all the mx blue keyboards i've tried, the blackwidow / blackwidow ultimate is actually the quietest by far. i don't know what to attribute the quietness to - razer claims they hand-pick the swithces, but i think it's that the inside of the keyboard is solid and not hollow, so the sound doesn't resonate.

Back