Razer Barracuda HP-1

N H O

2[H]4U
I'm thinking about picking up the Razer Barracuda HP-1. Is there any reason I shouldn't or is there anything else in the price range that I should consider? I mostly play counterstrike 1.6 and need a good range of sound. I'm looking to spend around $100.

The rear channels dont have bass , other then that. I enjoy my pair. if the rear driver not having bass bothers you. you can try a pair of Turtle Beach Hpa2, I know hpa1 had rear bass I had them.

That was the other pair I had. before I return it. If you have a XFI if you want you can use CMS3d headphone personally I wouldnt. I didnt like CMS3d headphone my self when I used it. But you might ,its up to you.

Thats really the only problem i can think of for the Hp1, I cant really think of any more problems with them other then the rear drivers not having bass.

I was just saying that I can hear better with 5.1 headsets then cms3d but telling him it might be diffent for him since all people ears is diffent.

So its a pretty decent headset and worth the money? I wasn't if its just another gimmick. BTW i was also looking at the sennheiser HD280's. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

I used them for a while they're not a gimmick to me, If you worried You can go with those pair of HD280s or the HD515 since its under 100.
If you want better sound qualty then yea you could go for a pair of sennheisers. Most people will tell you to.

Just go for what suits your needs.

I would suggest that while you CAN use these headphones with basically any device they are really for use with the AC-1 soundcard. Haave you looked at Grado's while the aren't the most modern looking cans they sound very nice. Look at the SR 80's or above. Sennheisers are also very good can's. What are you connecting these headphones to?

for the time being, they will be hooked up to my onboard realtek ac'97 8 channel sound. I was also considering the sennheiser HD555 since i've done further reading on the razer set and there seems to be better headsets out for less.

I was also going to remind you that ALOT of high end headphones Need a Amp to function properly and a output from a soundcard usually will not be enoough to drive them properly.
I would suggest checking out www.headfi.com these guys love headphones and can tell you which sets would require a amp or not. Have you thought of a soundcard? Driving high end headphones with a cheap onboard soundchip doesn't seem like the best way to go about it to me. You would get alot better sound with a good soundcard. Of course it's your decision.
BTW @ head fi there is a section of the forum for using the Computer as a Source which is what you want to do so this is probably where you would get the most help.

yeah im not looking to get a sound card just yet, so the onboard sound will have to do and thanks for the heads up on needing an amp. right now im torn on the HD280's. i'm not liking the look of the HD555's but if they are much better than the HD280's then i will go for them.

Back