• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Razer Barracuda Headset Question

Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
49
I currently use logitech z5500 5.1 speakers hooked up to a creative xtremegamer fatality sound card. I'm wondering if i get a pair of razer's barracuda headsets will i have to swap out my wires between my z5500 and my headphones everytime i want to use the headset? i noticed that the barracuda has 3 connectors (like my speakers), so while i could plug line 1 into my z5500 console, i presume that doing so will not give me full audio. is this correct?
 
Wow.

Ok I don't even know where to begin. Just don't get the Razer headset unless you want an expensive, broken piece of crap laying around. See the headphone sticky if you want a better headset.
 
Spaceman will not steer you wrong with recommendations but if your dead set on getting a 5.1 headset then you will need an analog splitter.


This is the one that comes with the turtle beach HPA2's:
HPA2_WhatDoIGet.jpg


or you can just buy three of these to leave them plugged in at the same time.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist.jsp&sku=304018&A=cart&is=REG&q=1&Q=add
 
the barracudas sound like crap- very tinny, weak sound from front and rear speakers, only the side speakers sound ok. they also break a lot.
 
I like mine a lot. I have the hpa2's from turtle beach too. They are basically the same headphones so if you see the razer one's on woot for their $60 or whatever I'd get them. The razers are slightly better quality but not $50 better.
 
yes.

and the koss sb40 puts the boots to them all medium style.

just say no to crappy sound. if you want to hear farts, i've got plenty.
 
Back
Top