Razer Barracuda AC-1 Problems

TSGrayson

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
139
I know this is an old problem (that I have overcome before but I can not figure how I did it!)

For some reason when I booted my computer today it did not recognize my Barracuda sound card. I uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall but now I get this error when it tries to load: Please plug in Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card.

It also does not recognize the driver when I manually try to update it.

It sees the car under the device manager except it has the yellow exclamation point.

I am running Vista 64 bit Ultimate with SP1.

Any ideas?
 
Have you installed any new USB periferals that could conflict with the sound card? I had the same issue/error upon installing the Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver. For some reason the receiver was recognized as a Playback device and it conflicted with my AC-1. The only solution I found was to uninstalll the wireless receiver, then reinstall the most recent Vista 64 razer driver.
 
You might try putting the card into a different PCI slot. I had that card and sometimes it would not work in the first PCI slot.
 
Nope..I did not install anything new...so I should just uninstall any wireless device?
 
it could just be that the card is bad. have you tried it in a different machine?

I should mention that I have the same sound card and I've had no issues with mine. also vista 64 sp1
 
Back
Top