razer ac-1 can't handle BF2?!

morkboy_wonder

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
377
I recently upgraded my onboard sound card to the razer ac-1 (as I already had a set of the hp-1 headphones). Set it up and oblivion had never sounded so good. I went to play BF2 and to my dismay all the in game voices (shouting commands etc) were completely stuttery and drawn out. I tried changing the in game audio settings to medium with no EAX but this made no difference.

Tried re-installing the game but this made no difference. The only way I could get it to stop was by removing the cards hardware acceleration in XPs audio icon in the taskbar. I appreciate BF2 can be a demanding game as audio goes but having spent £130 on a sound card I would expect it to handle it!

Has anyone else had similar experiences, or did everyone else have more sense and went and got Creative?
 
i have an x-fi. there are still audio issues in bf2142 including static, lockups after the static, not being able to choose high quality sounds, etc. its not limited to any particular sound card.

p.s. i also disabled audio acceleration to make it play. changing my motherboard and cpu actually fixed the sound problems- mostly
 
Hmmm My Audigy2 zs platinum has no probs like that......seems like a strange anomoly in a sound driver maybe ? only probs i have aver had with sound/vid in Oblivion is the start up video, where its sooooo staggered and chunky.....but rest of the game runs like a dream after that 1st video intro lOL
 
Back
Top