• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raw Read Error Rate with 4tb external seagate drive

dream3

n00b
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
14
Hey guys!

Just noticed this field Raw Read Error Rate has been increasing like nuts in my external hdd. I'm using HD Sentinel.

Take a look:
ut-deo3.png


What does this mean? Can I trust this drive or should I replace it?

The weirdest part is that it shows no SMART alerts at all. Says "OK".

Any thoughts?
 
Ugg... looks like the controller on the drive is about to take a dump on you. I'd back that puppy up and RMA it ASAP.
 
Really? :O This fcker is pretty much new.

I did not notice any sort of data loss. Does that make sense? Can it be that bad without my losing data?
 
Back
Top