Raw Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, for real now, I have two Xeon servers sitting right behind me at my work, and a X2 4400+ A 4400+!!! And my system runs circles around these servers, also, I have Opty servers sitting right next to them that are half if not less, and they too, are way faster than the Intels.

-Proxy

Intel - 2) Dual core Xeon's 3.2GHZ 4 GB of Ram

Opty- 2) single core 252's with 2GB of Ram (and the opty's are faster)

Scotch77 said:
I have had a little bit over 10 years of experience in computer repair untill my high school offered free corses in certifications. They started this when I was a senior and I do A+. network+ and CCNA all at the same time. Paseed all tests with pretty close to perfecrt scores.

Okay, hint? Fixing your own dinky Packard Bell? Not real experience.

I also have my CCA, MCSE and MCSA.

Good for you. This is me, pretending to be impressed. Whoops, failed my roll.

You say that the certs are shit, but I hope you will not be suprised that They have helped me greatly prove my knowledge to companies before I became an Engineer.

No, they just get you past HR. Then you get to someone like me, who doesn't give a rat's ass, and has final say. Sadly, with the dot-bomb came the ignorant, looking to make a quick buck. Which has pretty much flatlined the skill level by and large. Most of my jobs are coming in and cleaning up the messes little kids like you make.

You say book smart when I dont own any books for IT stuff, well except a GIAC study guide which was given out at a recent conference. Only books I have are engineering.

.. next to Linux for Dummies and MCSE for Dummies, I'm sure.

As an Engineer its my frigging job to think outside of the box, its what I do 6 days out of 7

Methinks you fail to understand what an engineer really is.

Am I an ignorant individual, if so then thats ok, your thoughts dont effect me.
But remeber the feeling is mutual

Are we supposed to be intimidated? Or even give a shit?
Seriously. You're dealing with people who have years and years experience more than you do, and obviously more braincells to rub together. Fuck, if I wanted to toss around certifications, I've got over a dozen including CCDA and CCNA; my A+ is long expired, since it's just a joke these days. (Do you even know what a phase unit is, much less how to repair one? Didn't think so.)

So take the hint, and beat it kid. This is not the troll section, this is not the kiddie section. Why don't you go play in the Intel processor forum where you obviously belong?

AreEss said:
(Do you even know what a phase unit is, much less how to repair one?

What is a Phase change unit, which transforms thermodrynamic systems. we did some work with critical phenomena, of continuous phase chage systems at my Intel Internship 3 years ago.

How to repair one, it depends whats wrong. a scenerio would be great? lol

Seeing how Ive never been fired from a job, how do they just get me past HR. Maybe thats you.

Just because the majority of you gentz know how to asemble a computer, and think your l337 shit because of it, doesnt mean shit. Most top IT guys are idiots to to how computers actually work. I mean actually work, knowing the architecture and circuit theory. Just remeber you assemble what I build.

Scotch77 said:

If you really ARE an engineer, I feel sorry for the company that hired you. You have the worst typing and grammar skills I've seen in a long time.

BTW, In the sentence above, you should use AFFECT, not EFFECT. You need to go back to high school and retake your Writing Skills class.

I have to think this is some kind of joke, no one should be this stupid.

Scotch77 said:
We know what were doing, we dont even run windows my man.
Wow, that puts you in the top one percent of smart people everywhere. Sorry I doubted you. My mom uses Linux. That's not a mark of leetness anymore.
Scotch77 said:
HT doesnt need special software support to increase performance, dual core does.
I don't usually say this. You're a freaking moron. HT causes the chip to be able to look like it's doing two things at once, DC means it actually is doing two things at once. Thus, if software works with HT, it works with dual core. Your point about dual core acting like single core in Windows is correct - unless you're doing more than one thing at one time.

Benchmark benchmark benchmark benchmark benchmark and finally benchmark. I'll know right away if you read them or not based on your reply to this post.

What poor company do you work for? And why do you think you need our help? If you know so much, build it yourself, and have fun.

All in all, I suggest you go to 2cpu.com and ask the same question. I imagine the results will be at least as funny.

Scotch77 said:
I also highly doubt that anybody here actually knows more about building computers than myself. I really really doubt any of you know more about microarchitecture than me, unless any others are engineers.

I am an engineer. you're full of it.

Scotch77 said:
What is a Phase change unit, which transforms thermodrynamic systems. we did some work with critical phenomena, of continuous phase chage systems at my Intel Internship 3 years ago.

Aww. I'm sorry, but pathetic attempts at name dropping are an instant disqualification!
Have a nice life.

Scotch77 said:
I have had a little bit over 10 years of experience in computer repair untill my high school offered free corses in certifications. They started this when I was a senior and I do A+. network+ and CCNA all at the same time. Paseed all tests with pretty close to perfecrt scores.

I also have my
CCA, MCSE and MCSA.

You say that the certs are shit, but I hope you will not be suprised that They have helped me greatly prove my knowledge to companies before I became an Engineer.

You say book smart when I dont own any books for IT stuff, well except a GIAC study guide which was given out at a recent conference. Only books I have are engineering.

As an Engineer its my frigging job to think outside of the box, its what I do 6 days out of 7

So you're an engineer. Where's your degree from? PE exam, or comp sci? Degree earned?

Scotch77 said:

How to repair one, it depends whats wrong. a scenerio would be great? lol

Seeing how Ive never been fired from a job, how do they just get me past HR. Maybe thats you.

Just because the majority of you gentz know how to asemble a computer, and think your l337 shit because of it, doesnt mean shit. Most top IT guys are idiots to to how computers actually work. I mean actually work, knowing the architecture and circuit theory. Just remeber you assemble what I build.
Way to copy the definition from the dictionary.

The wrong definition, btw. Sorry.

I DESIGN what you build, buddy, and the software that makes it run, and you're full of crap.

He could be a Custodial Engineer at McDonalds. Of course, he'll have to give that up once his 3 year internship done :)

lopoetve said:
So you're an engineer. Where's your degree from? PE exam, or comp sci? Degree earned?

degree from RPI and no, Ive only passed the FE, as I need another year of experience. degree earned is a dual degree in computer and electrical engineering. I only have 11 years of the 12 needed.

lopoetve said:
Way to copy the definition from the dictionary.

The wrong definition, btw. Sorry.

I DESIGN what you build, buddy, and the software that makes it run, and you're full of crap.

I kinda expencted that, as any answer given I would gatten the same response, even thogh Im 100% correct.

Scotch77 said:
degree from RPI and no, Ive only passed the FE, as I need another year of experience. degree earned is a dual degree in computer and electrical engineering. I only have 11 years of the 12 needed.

I somehow doubt you've got a degree from Rensselaer... they tend to teach their people a bit better english and typing skills. Not to mention innovative thinking, which you've generally shown a lack of by not considering the argument for AMD. Plus, then you might actually KNOW what to buy, instead of coming here to ask.

Plus you'd be promoting your degree, not some useless certs in your sig... dual degree? Which two? ECEN is generally a single degree, unless you got your masters, and if you actually have a degree, give us a pic.

Scotch77 said:
I kinda expencted that, as any answer given I would gatten the same response, even thogh Im 100% correct.

no, you gave a pseudo-correct description of phase change, which is not what he asked.

Scotch77 said:
awsome, glad to see some other inteligent minds here.

How about INTELLIGENT. Misspelling "intelligent". Wow. You're, like, crazy inteligent.

Scotch77 said:

Holy crap dude! Did you ever take a typing class? Writing class? Expencted, gatten, thogh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back