Votes: 21 37.5%
  • fUnc

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Other (if other post the name)

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
i have heard a lot about ratpadz. good and bad.
good: wonderful suface and smooth for gaming
bad: wares out afteruse

a few of my friends have ratpadz and say they where wonderful the first couple of weeks then after that it wore down and a optical mouse couldnt run on it. they told me to get a fUnc.

now i love [H] but which one is better

ratpadz or fUnc

I use a 3M Precise Mousing Surface, with the gel wrist thingy.

I dont game enough to care what kind of mousepad I have, but my friend who cant game at all, due to not having games, or a computer of his own (he has computers in his house) he spent $15 on a Ratzpad, but I see no need for $15 mouse pads... I got mine for free ;)

a mousepad is a mousepad. it's really personal preference. i got my ratpad for free.

Nothing against the [H]... but my MX700 + Fragware Teflon Mouse Tape + fUnc sUrface 1030 = teh 0wn4g3 :D

I don't use a pad at all. My desk has a laminate coating on it and it's faster than any other surface I've used (Everglide and a 3m precise surface)

Never tried a fUnc

I bought a Ratpadz GS a year ago, and it wore out pretty quick. I have a Func now, and it is great, but a little small IMO. I plan on getting either an Icepad or a Steelpad in the near future.

wut about FlexiGlow FX Pro Game Mousepad with 7 Colors LED

I have had two ratpadz for about. . . three years? Neither has worn out a bit, and they both get heavy use. Gaming/art/normal use, etc. Not a sign of wear except that the little clear feet fell off.

MS Intellimouse for a little while, then an MX700. . . don't regularly use my teflon, even though I still have a lot left.

These are the CPL edition padz.

I own both, and I prefer the fUnc.

The Ratpadz GS lasted all of three months before developing a huge smooth spot in the middle. I applied Pledge weekly and used teflon tape. I now use the fUnc and I couldn't be happier: it shows no signs of wear, and my mouse feet that aren't covered with teflon tape are in the condition they were when I started using it.

I love my RatPadz with my MX500!!!!

The secret to it never wearing out is to put MouseSkatez or teflon tape on your mouse (I got mine on ebay for like $2 shipped), then apply Pledge furniture polish to the RatPad and wipe down with a paper towel. If it gets "worn down" just reapply the Pledge, I've been doing this for several months and it is as good or better than the day I bought it.

I would guess if for some odd reason it gets "worn out" in the next few months I will probably just wash the mouse pad with dish soap, re-pledge it and put on new teflon tape, should make it as good as new.

EvilGenesys said:
i like my rat padz, its been faithful to me since i got it at QC 2K3!

high five for free quakecon schwag! i was sad they didn't pass them out this year. :(

I just replaced my ratzpad classic with a everglide pro I picked up and quakecon, and I am extremely impressed so far. Great paired with a razer viper.

HRslammR said:
high five for free quakecon schwag! i was sad they didn't pass them out this year. :(

hellz yeah!

and i was a bit dissappointed myself. maybe they couldnt afford the financial hit this year...?

I used a ratpad for three years, then I gave it to my bro and bought a ratpadGS. I've been very happy with both of them.

From everything I've read about the Xtracpads (spelled possibly different) x-trac pro HS, it has no wear problem like the fUnc and ratpads do. Picked one up fo 10 bucks from the egg, should be coming in soon, I think it'll be really nice, should be getting it in a few days.

flurp said:
I don't use a pad at all. My desk has a laminate coating on it and it's faster than any other surface I've used (Everglide and a 3m precise surface)

Never tried a fUnc

Same here, i hate mouse pads. They're limited to a small area, with the desk, you have such a bigger area to use.

I have been using my desk for the past couple weeks, and the anomolies from the surface that its on drive me crazy... twitchy, I don't feel its tracking correctly. I hope that my xtrac pad will help it out.

I got some mouse skates which I put over my mouse feet and it hasn't worn my Ratpadz GS pad at all, it's still looks, and feels brandnew when you put your hand over rough surface of the pad.

Thankgod for bigfootcomputers for a sale on mouse skates for 50cents for a strip of 3inches like a month and a bit back (I bought like 10bucks worth :) ).

I have owned a Ratpadz GS for about 6months now. Its much better then my old mouse bad with the gel arm rest.

I don't do anything special to mine, execpt the occasional cleaning with water. Mine still has the same texture as it started with, execpt that the ratpadzGS logo is fading.

I just wish it was a little longer (width is fine). With the curved middle, i find i sometimes run out of room in FPS games.

For the price though, of about 10$, i could'nt have asked for much more.

~Hope this helps

Back