Ratpadz

GoldBug

n00b
Ok, I have read a lot of people talking about Ratpadz and I am interested. But my question is, just why would I want to get one? It is only a mouse pad, how great can it really be?

well I personally don't have one but a lot of my friends do, because they game a lot.

I definitely notice a slight difference when using their computer.
The mouse just seems to move a lot better, idunno kinda relative I guess.

But if you know anyone that has one try it out

if i have an extra few bucks lying around i'm gonna pick it up

everyone seems to think this is a great mouse pad but ITS NOT. i was thinking the same thing as all of you and when i got my new case is picked this up as well. its a really good mousepad for about 2 months, less if your at your computer alot. after that they are worthless. the middle section get worn down and the mouse glides really slow over that part but the outside edges still glide really fast. this makes it very uncomfrotable to use your mouse. i would sugest a big cloth pad like the super mat or DKT pad, if if you want a hard suface get a func pad.

I have hat my rat pad for about 4 months.

It has not come close to being worn down in the center. And still glides as smooth as it ever did.

It is great for gaming (cs, ut2k3, cod). If you play fps alot that is.

I have no idea how you could possibly wear down this mouse pad....unless you have a 100 pound hand and crush your mouse into the pad, then that is slightly possible.

well buy it if you like, i would sugest you ask around 1st, most people would say for a hard suface func is much better and for a cloth surface get a super mat or DKT pad. i peronaly have a dtk pad is its smoother then ratpadz and is cloth. its also about 15" x 18"

I bought a Ratpadz, and used it for about 2months w/ mouse feet and it was worn to a shine in the middle and my mouse started to have trouble with skipping. I picked up a fUnc pad, and havent looked back:D

I've had mine almost 3 years. Only wear is on the graphics, which are about gone. Works great, but I've heard a lot of bitching about the new models.

Originally posted by LabRat
I've had mine almost 3 years. Only wear is on the graphics, which are about gone. Works great, but I've heard a lot of bitching about the new models.

yea, had mine for over 2 years with almost no where except for where the logo is. The ratpadz classics are awesome, i've heard alot of problems with wear and tear on the new Ratpadz GS though.

I like it cause it's wider, more comfortable, and alot slicker then normal mousepads.

People have been complaining about the GS's for sometime now, i'm surprised Kyle hasn't done anything to remedy the problem. At first he claimed it was just isolated cases... but from the looks of it now, it's only isolated cases where they DON'T wear out in 2-3 months.

I've personally never tried one. But I heard that the surface of the ratpadz wears down the little feet on the mouse. I don't think I'll ever buy one, regular mouse pad is good enough for me.

The fUnc is the better pad regardless of your preference for a rough or smooth surface, and it holds up much better. But most importantly its thin profile and cushy rubber base are extremely comfortable to rest the edge of your palm on.

If you're really serious about good mousing, get a SteelPad. I've had the original Ratpadz, Ratpadz GS, Steelpad and a fUnc, and I like the Steelpad the best, with the fUnc coming in at a not so distant second. I cannot recommend the Ratpadz; they just wear down and get disgusting even with teflon tape on the mouse, especially the GS.

Originally posted by FX25
everyone seems to think this is a great mouse pad but ITS NOT. i was thinking the same thing as all of you and when i got my new case is picked this up as well. its a really good mousepad for about 2 months, less if your at your computer alot. after that they are worthless. the middle section get worn down and the mouse glides really slow over that part but the outside edges still glide really fast. this makes it very uncomfrotable to use your mouse. i would sugest a big cloth pad like the super mat or DKT pad, if if you want a hard suface get a func pad.
my Ratpad GS is now a year old is only showing slight wear.

Originally posted by FX25
I hear ya man.
my GS was great for 4-5 months...i use it at werk during my breaks now...i give it another month or two then its in the trash.
...got the DKT...the dkt is perfect when ya have three mice..HUGE pad...comfortable...a win IMO.

yeah the GS is not a win...woulda liked to have the orig. tho.

these are my opinions and experience...YMMV

I have a ratpadz and i've found a better alternative....my desktop! It is made of formica (think kitchen counter tops). it does not wear at all...mouse friendly...and slick as wet snot. Not sure why I keep my ratpad :p

i like my ratpad, whenever i use one of my freinds with a cloth pad it drives me crazy how long it takes to move the mouse, best combo is a MX700 and a Ratpad GS.

Back