Ratpadz XT

AVT

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have a Ratpadz XT probably about a year old.

It's getting kinda worn out & there's a spot in the middle of it where the texture's pretty much gone & my mouse (Razer Deathadder) has been having some trouble working properly.

Anything I can do to refinish the surface?

It's getting kinda worn out & there's a spot in the middle of it where the texture's pretty much gone & my mouse (Razer Deathadder) has been having some trouble working properly.

I'm also interested in this. I talked to the company and they gave me a discount for a new one, so I bought another mouse pad. I'd love to fix my old one, though!

new teflon mouse feet would be my first suggestion. <$5 on ebay

That's what I did with my g500 - made a huge difference. It won't fix your pad, but it may compensate by letting your mouse move more fluidly over the existing surfance

for example:
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/RantoPad-Teflon-Mousefeet-Razer-Mamba-Deathadder-/150553893864?pt=Mice&hash=item230db61be8"]RantoPad Teflon Mousefeet for Razer Mamba / Deathadder | eBay[/ame]

new teflon mouse feet would be my first suggestion. <$5 on ebay

RantoPad Teflon Mousefeet for Razer Mamba / Deathadder | eBay for example (not me)

That's what I did with my g500 - made a huge difference. It won't fix your pad, but it may compensate by letting your mouse move more fluidly over the existing surface

That's the first thing I did. It helped a little bit, but not enough. The new pad I got actually made a huge difference, but now the mouse pad wearing out again as well :/

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh, one more thing, Logitech sells mouse feet replacements for $2 a piece. I bought 10 packs and split them with a friend to save on shipping.

ah, thanks for the tip, wasn't aware of that. I almost wonder if you could use something like dry silicone spray to reduce resistance. Or a counter-top resurfacer (probably too expensive unless you had a lot of them to do). I've heard of some people using a high grade ceramic tile instead of a mousepad for that reason - never wears out. I've yet to try it myself though. a piece of porcelain might be interesting

How the hell did you wear an XT down like that ? Mines close to 5 years old and still looks like I just got it.

I'm curious if its a GS rather than an XT, but i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for any plastic based surface to wear down. His body chemistry could be very acidic, and depending on how he mouses his wrist could sit on the pad, or even if he just drags his thumb.

I'm curious if its a GS rather than an XT, but i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for any plastic based surface to wear down. His body chemistry could be very acidic, and depending on how he mouses his wrist could sit on the pad, or even if he just drags his thumb.

Nope, it's an XT. FWIW my mouse does look like someone ran some sandpaper down the bottom of it so that might have something to do with it..

I have a GS and after about a year and a couple months there is a big spot in the middle where it is like all the way worn down. Can't support endless hours of counter strike :D

Deathadder is known to cause bottom scraping, you need to use hyperglides on top of the original feet, NOT as replacements, your XT is wearing down so fast because the stupidly designed shell of your mouse scraps against it.

/thread

Deathadder is known to cause bottom scraping, you need to use hyperglides on top of the original feet, NOT as replacements, your XT is wearing down so fast because the stupidly designed shell of your mouse scraps against it.

/thread

Fucking Razer. :rolleyes:

Ordered a set. Hopefully the sensor will work fine without me having to buy a new Ratpadz..

Got the Hyperglides.

Not only does the mouse no longer scrape against the pad, it actually doesn't seem to have problems tracking over the flat spot on the pad anymore.

Definitely worth $9!

Back