Ratpadz - shipping is still FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any difference between the new XT and the old XT sold 2 years ago ???

Quick question, probably answered before. Is there any particular glue that I should use to stick the feet back onto my XT. Apparently I put a lot of horizontal pressure on my pad because the feet keep sliding off. I still have the feet, but there is no longer enough glue on them to keep them stuck to the pad.

Quick question, probably answered before. Is there any particular glue that I should use to stick the feet back onto my XT. Apparently I put a lot of horizontal pressure on my pad because the feet keep sliding off. I still have the feet, but there is no longer enough glue on them to keep them stuck to the pad.

I think you should be able to use just about any adhesive. how about some 2 ton epoxy? I don't think they will come off ever again. Really.. I don't think it matters a whole lot. someone correct me if I am wrong.

Got mine a few days ago, love it. So much better than the smooth surface pad I was using before. I'm really happy with the control I have. :)

I got my XT a little over a week ago. I'm amazed; this is a hundred times better than putting my mouse on my desk and it makes everything so much smoother.

Works just fine with my MX Revolution, didn't realize that was the pad I was already using. So now I have XT and work and at home now!

Kyle I picked up a GS (got it last week) and it is fantastic. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not using mouse skates, but it seems like my Diamondback 3G has already put a bit of wear in the one place I use it a lot.

Could I return it for an XT? Of course I will pay the difference.

[A]MD-Fan;1034375188 said:
Kyle I picked up a GS (got it last week) and it is fantastic. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not using mouse skates, but it seems like my Diamondback 3G has already put a bit of wear in the one place I use it a lot.

Could I return it for an XT? Of course I will pay the difference.

No, the cost of shipping two ways is more than the pad is worth. Email me and [email protected] and we will get it all worked out.

How long does it usually take for one of these pads to ship out? I placed my order for an XT two weeks ago, still no pad :(

mine was crazy fast and thats to florida got it in like 3 days

Only took 2 days to Wisconsin. :)

Great product, btw. I bought one for my wife and she loves it! I will be ordering one for myself as well.

Should I shoot an email off to Kyle to see what's going on with the shipping? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if USPS lost it.

got mine, it's nice... the roughness actually surprised me. but once i used the mouse on the pad it actually glided nicely. Only issue i have is it still manages to slide on my desk >< i may put down double sided tape

I ordered one this weekend (the cheaper one), all I've ever used are generic pads so I decided I want to see what type of difference a quality mousepad will make...

Hey I got my XT in the mail today, and I just used my Logitech G9 on it for about 2 days, and already the feet of the G9 are wearing down fast, the teflon is almost completely flat, and you can feel the ingrained lines in the teflon feet. Is this an issue with getting hard mousepads like the ratpadz, or is it an issue of the Logitech mouse not having durable feet. Thanks for the responses ^_^

Hey I got my XT in the mail today, and I just used my Logitech G9 on it for about 2 days, and already the feet of the G9 are wearing down fast, the teflon is almost completely flat, and you can feel the ingrained lines in the teflon feet. Is this an issue with getting hard mousepads like the ratpadz, or is it an issue of the Logitech mouse not having durable feet. Thanks for the responses ^_^

could it be an issue about how much pressure you're applying to the mouse...? I just got mine this week (Tues.) and haven't noticed any wear yet, this is another first for me, a hard mousepad...? wow, it felt weird at first, but I am getting used to it, my first decent gaming mouse and non generic mouse pad, I really never realized what I was missing...

I've had the same issue + some. Originally bought the lesser one (GS?) and it wore out with my MX518 in a matter of months. I PM'd Kyle and he said to contact them via website and would send me out a new one. I got a $10 credit for my GS towards an XT. I've had the XT about 4 months now and it is wearing in and is killing the feet on my 2nd MX518, really annoying. I tried to buy some 'durable' feet online to work well with it but my MX518 pads aren't like the rest.

Radpadz, great product but if you put any type of weight on ur mouse then you will be buying a couple mice a year. Ratpadz should sell some super awesome mouse feet.

I've had an MX518 on an XT for years. No problem with its feet, but I don't put any weight on it. It's severely uncomfortable and awkward to do so. Why do you need to put weight on it?

I've had an MX518 on an XT for years. No problem with its feet, but I don't put any weight on it. It's severely uncomfortable and awkward to do so. Why do you need to put weight on it?

if you put ur hand on ur mouse. you are putting weight on it.

I have not seen this be an issue with the XT at all. There are no edges on the XT to cut into teflon mouse feet and the pads material is softer than teflon. Honestly, my first thought is that you either have really crappy feet on the mouse or the pad has something on it that is cutting into it.

Are you positive the mouse feet were not already like that???

I would like to see pictures taken with a macro lens of the feet and the surface of the XT.

Here is a close up picture of the XT surface.

Ratpadz-SurfaceMacro.png

You will notice that NONE of the bumps on it are "sharp" and there therefore them cutting into your mouse feet is highly unlikely.

All that said though. If you don't like the XT, we will buy it back and pay the shipping.

Here are pics of the mouse feet:

You can see the streak lines and scratch marks of the now-flat teflon foot:

Here is more perspective:

This one isn't a very good picture, but it shows the back feet wearing off:

As for the Ratpadz surface, it looks like it is fine, a regular Ratpadz surface:

If anyone can tell me what has happened to my teflon feet that'd be great, if it is a problem with logitech then I will take it up with them

Thanks

That's insane. My MX518's feet, which I've been using with my XT since I bought it maybe three years ago, barely have any scratches in them. Still glides like butter.

thats odd....I have 2 Ratpadz.... ..
I have been using both with Razer mice for well over a year....

I just went and looked at the feet on one of the mice and they look like new.....

Do you have another mouse you can try it with?

What mousepad were you previously using with the mouse?

I bought my mouse 2 months ago, used it for barely an hour (on desk), went on vacation for 1 month and 3 1/2 weeks, got back 4 days ago, and have since used the G9 on my desk until I received my Ratpadz last night. So I've used it for about 4 days worth of non-intense day-to-day matters on my desk, which doesn't look like it could harm the mouse, but here are pics of the desk:

thanks Hardforum

And also, I'm glad to know that no one else had issues with the Ratpadz on their mice, I don't think I'll be returning this awesome mousepad.

USPS say they tried to deliver it twice, but after 15 days, the slapped "return to sender" on it and set it back. They also claimed they left notices on my door, I never saw a single one...

Not sure where I go from here. Can you guys try to ship it back out again, but this time with instructions to just leave it on the doorstep (no signature required)?

mine never needed a signature

Tuesday at the latest I'd say, I did an "over the weekend" order last Friday (or maybe even Saturday) and Tuesday's when I got mine...

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I can't wait for it to get here, this is my first laser mousepad and I want to see what all the hype is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back