Ratpadz issues.

Reagent

Limp Gawd
I have a RP GS, have had it for a while can't remember when I got it. Over the years it is showing wear in the very middle of the pad, the little "bumps" are wearing down and almost becoming shiny.

I purchased a Logitech Laser mouse a while back and all of a sudden in the shiny areas the mouse no longer works. It just started this over the last couple of weeks.

I have no issues using my old logitec optical mice or my MS optical mouse on this pad.. it is just the laser one that has issues.

Any ideas how to fix this, or is it just time to buy a new pad and give the wife this one to use?

Both products are top notch IMO.

i go though radpadz very quickly, i just don think they are as durable as other pads, been using the fun1030 for a while and am very happy with it

I had to replace my Ratpadz with Func 1030 also... They just wear off too quickly.

I've used an everglide for 4-5 years I think, love the thing(never wore out), has couple of scratches in it(human err), need to get something comparable.

I've had my Ratpad for about a year and a half and its alot smoother where I normally move my mouse around but my MX1000 still works great on it. I clean my pad and mouse bottom pretty often though.

It'd be nice if Kyle would replace worn ratpadz, and have us just pick up the S/H

HAHA, I gave my grandmother my Ratpadz GS. I told her GS meant Gaming Surface. The next day I go in there, and there she is, playing Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed. HAHAHAHA.

Asgorath said:
It'd be nice if Kyle would replace worn ratpadz, and have us just pick up the S/H

What would he do with the old ones? Its not like they are super expensive either. A mouse pad is a commodity just like changing tires. LOL

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up Kyle. I'll be equipping my next office with all ratpadz.

Thanks,

Greg

Asgorath said:

If you have receipt and it is less than a year old, we usually will, but you would need to ask for that to happen. Ratpadz Contact.

The new Ratpadz XT is an improved version of the original. Much more durable.

I ordered my XT tonight, I am still using the GS above.

The problem I was having from above was not due to the wearing of the pad, it was the mouse. I returned the mouse and got a new one and havent had the problem since.

The wife is getting the GS and well see if the XT last longer... or not.

BTW there are no other places to buy the XT other than through the site?

All the links from your site show the GS not the XT for sale. I was just hoping to grab it from the egg as I do not pay taxes buying from there. Being that I am in Texas.

[H] Makes Ratpadz... Wow.

Me ... ... ... ... (Loop)

I've been supporting [H] before I knew the forum existed...

I just got an XT a couple days ago, my first purchase from Ratpadz (and the first mouse pad I've actually bought...ever). It seems very durable, holds great against the table and works very well with my G7. A little more what I wanted to pay, but no biggie.

Ive had my ratzpad for over a year, heavy computer usage and its obviously wearing down on the place i put the mouse the most but i have to say i am really happy with the pad, it was the first time i bought a mouse mat. I would totally get another one (the xt) but i need something bigger. kille, you guys should do an XL of this pad : )

I actually like the Func 1030 Archetype. It is the only mouse pad I have ever bought and it works like a charm.

Boyo said:
I actually like the Func 1030 Archetype. It is the only mouse pad I have ever bought and it works like a charm.

That's a good mousepad too. Not a better one, not a worse one, just a different type of mousepad.

In My opinion, nothing is faster than a ratpadz slicked up with some pledge.

Reagent said:
I ordered my XT tonight, I am still using the GS above.

The problem I was having from above was not due to the wearing of the pad, it was the mouse. I returned the mouse and got a new one and havent had the problem since.

The wife is getting the GS and well see if the XT last longer... or not.

BTW there are no other places to buy the XT other than through the site?

All the links from your site show the GS not the XT for sale. I was just hoping to grab it from the egg as I do not pay taxes buying from there. Being that I am in Texas.

No, just the Ratpadz site right now. But we will pay your tax in Texas. Don't sweat that.

I got the Ratpadz XT yesterday in the mail. (ordered 12/8 around 11pm got it 12/11 around 2pm)

The pad is Identical in both size and shape to my GS. The only real difference I see is the GS I had had a "hollow" back with a grid system to make it sturdier.

The XT is a solid piece of the material and is a little sturdier feeling because of that.

The pad I received did have 1 slight non conformance issue... the mouse pad teetered ever so slightly. I checked the pad itself to see if it was bent with a flooring strait edge. It is strait as can be. Come to find out the middle pad/foot on the back was slightly thicker than the others in fact it was about 50% thicker than the other 7 feet.

I sanded the middle foot down a little bit and all is good.

MAN I FORGOT HOW FAST these padz are when they are new.

Kyle, thanks for picking up the Taxes, I was only billed $24.99 as advertised.

Reagent said:
I got the Ratpadz XT yesterday in the mail. (ordered 12/8 around 11pm got it 12/11 around 2pm)

The pad is Identical in both size and shape to my GS. The only real difference I see is the GS I had had a "hollow" back with a grid system to make it sturdier.

The XT is a solid piece of the material and is a little sturdier feeling because of that.

The pad I received did have 1 slight non conformance issue... the mouse pad teetered ever so slightly. I checked the pad itself to see if it was bent with a flooring strait edge. It is strait as can be. Come to find out the middle pad/foot on the back was slightly thicker than the others in fact it was about 50% thicker than the other 7 feet.

I sanded the middle foot down a little bit and all is good.

MAN I FORGOT HOW FAST these padz are when they are new.

Kyle, thanks for picking up the Taxes, I was only billed $24.99 as advertised.

Thanks for the heads up on the foot issue. I will make sure we look into it. Let me know if you want replacement feet. We can mail them out to you easily.

sideout said:
the slick side of the func sure doesn't last long, glad its double sided

Yeah, that is what I have heard. Our slick side can be used to beat your cat to death then mouse again after you wipe it off.....MuHAHAHAHA. Danm I need sleep.

Viper87227 said:
What do you have against cats? :( :p

Nothing, he is just testing the capabilities of his product.

Same reason you fire frozen chickens at cockpits of jet planes...because you can.

Asgorath said:

Same reason you fire frozen chickens at cockpits of jet planes...because you can.
Reminds me of the joke where the Canadians or British borrowed that from the FAA and didn't thaw the chickens before firing 'em.

(Frozen chickens at high velocities goes through cockpit glass for the uninformed).

Asgorath said:

hehe, that was funny. I actually like cats, but since my wife is alergic to cats....so am I. :(

Back