Rate my wire job

Originally posted by Notquiteanewbie
I just rewired my case after adding some hardware. What do you think, any suggestions would be nice as well

wire.jpg

IMO split loom is ugly. Sleave your wires, it looks much better and takes up less room.
TOMS-4.jpg

Also hide as much as you can behind the back panel.
TOMS-1.jpg

i finally got a chance to take a look at my case. i didn't even think the other side could come off till i saw the screws, i mean I saw how a lot of people were doing it, just didn't think my case could.

goal: reasonably cleanest case you've ever seen

Here's all I could do, sorry for the bad pics:

CaseUpdate_2.jpg

CaseUpdate.jpg

Yes, it's my powerade freezer, it takes about 10 minutes to get an cool drink :) You can't really see the wires when the window is there, only in that pic because the whole side is off.

On another note, I'm having extreme difficulty fixing a bad BIOS flash on my video card, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me on AIM or MSN...

AIM: Jztr3

MSN: [email protected]

4 words: Turn the hdds around! It will make it look alot neater. (damn, thats more then four words)

thanks for the tip, i'm actually gonna do everything this weekend, i finally got a break from tests.

so come monday it'll be all good

sorry its taking soo long, but patience is a virtue :)

Originally posted by JustLong

TOMS-1.jpg

i tried that on my case and the back pannel wouldnt close. nothing was rubbing. how big is the gap on yours?

Well that pic is of the Dragon case which is identical to my chieftec matrix, just different front design so hopefully I won't have a problem.

the gap seems to be big enough
but then again I guess I won't find out till this weekend.

Originally posted by DRJ1014
i tried that on my case and the back pannel wouldnt close. nothing was rubbing. how big is the gap on yours?

It closes fine, I dunno how much of a gap there is, but if you have any wires overlapping a molex it wont close. I would say I have less than 1mm clearance over a female molex connector.

seems like you guys dont have that many wires. on my power supply i have about 10 connectors then the power cable for the mobo then a few cables i dont use. its a lot harder for me to clean my case up but now theres only a few wires showing.

its pretty good, i personally don't like the bunched up mode of cable cleaning. I personally like routing them in the middle of the case vertically and behind the motherboard panel. As well as the oragami type art of folding IDE cables, a true art to master.

i personally don't like the bunched up mode of cable cleaning???

I actually did reroute the wires behind the motherboard panel, and if you notice the hard drives are turned around.

Anyone else?

I'd use sleeving over loom any day. Takes a little more work, actually takes a lot more work, but it looks hellva lot better than loom does. The payback is worth the blood and sweat :) , especially if you have a windowed case.

From what you started from you did an excellent job. Congradulations. Its good to see another one walking down the path of the [H]ardcore / L337.

well thank you,

btw I do plan on swapping out the wire loom for some sexy sleeving, just gotta wait for some extra cash to be lying around.

damn, this thread was petty useful
i always wonder how some guys had their inside looking clean of cables

Wow, great thread. I'm about to do the same to mine, probably after the LAN party this weekend (don't want to screw something up). Since summer has hit, my CPU is getting pretty toasty (50-55), and maybe this'll help some airflow too.

While I'm here, I'll describe what I'm tackling real quick:

case: Thermaltake Xaser V2000. 1 fan up top, 2 in front, 2 in back, 2 in side
2 HDs, 2 optical drives, 1 floppy
Antec true power 550w drive

So, lots and lots of cords. I could think of places to run most, but alot of its going to be length issues. If anyone has already cleaned up this case or one real similar (like the Xaser V1000 or something), pics would kick ass.

EDIT: took some shots of the inside of my case. http://24.158.184.3/public/Wires/before_pics.htm

Man I got my work cut out for me! Should I make my own thread? Hehe.

xZAOx said:
case: Thermaltake Xaser V2000. 1 fan up top, 2 in front, 2 in back, 2 in side
2 HDs, 2 optical drives, 1 floppy
Antec true power 550w drive

So, lots and lots of cords. I could think of places to run most, but alot of its going to be length issues. If anyone has already cleaned up this case or one real similar (like the Xaser V1000 or something), pics would kick ass.

don't worry xZAOx i have an identical setup, after rewiring everything i was actually able to remove some of the fans since the airflow was that much better.and keep the same temp (28C) Right now i'm running 3 fans instead of my original 6. Its a lot quieter too :D

Good luck in your endeavour

Well, sometimes when I get an idea in my head, I go with it. And since this has been something that's bothered me ever since I got this case (about a year ago), it didn't take much to make me finally do it. Here's a little page I whipped up. Let me know what you think!

http://24.158.184.3/public/Wires/index.htm

When commenting, remember - I wasn't going for "style". Just cheap but good "functionality".

This is my wiring job, not anything special, but not messy by any means:

caseguts.jpg

Back