Rate my wire job

Notquiteanewbie

Limp Gawd
I just rewired my case after adding some hardware. What do you think, any suggestions would be nice as well

wire.jpg

A wee bit bulky around the drive bays.. other than that, not too bad

6.5/10 ;)

I agree it is bulky around the drive bays,
but how can i reroute it?,
i don't think its possible to have it any other way, correct me if i'm wrong please
i have the chieftec matrix case, identical to the dragons on the interior.

i also fixed the exhaust fans so the wires are no longer hanging, i didn't even notice it until after i took the pic

my board also puts all the connectors in the same spot

Sure as happy to help..

First thing you need to put the unused psu wires somewhere else.. Like on the other side of the panel the right side if u unscrew it theres empty space where u can slide the wires in and stuff

pcm_01.jpg

there

pcm_02.jpg

tape the wires to the back panel
pcm_25.jpg

pcm_03.jpg

super clean.

there is only 1 wire i'm not using from the psu and that is tucked away, not visible in the pic, the molex connectors that you may see aren't being used actually connect to my side panel fan and fan underneath my hard drives

other than that, any molex connector you see not being used is part of the chain, i don't want to cut them off i'll probably end up using em.

Like on the other side of the panel the right side if u unscrew it theres empty space

i don't think my other side comes off. it doesn't have a motherboard tray

Mines doesnt have a motherboard tray either i have a thermal take case.. Just use everything on 1 wire like i do and tuck the rest away it makes it way cleaner.

Well, you got that bottom left side of the case very clean. :D

It's pretty good, but could use a little bit more work. Maybe if u tried tieng the wires next of the hdd cage instead of infront of it? :confused:

Cooling and airflow: 9/10

Looks: 4/10

So unless you have a case window, I say don't worry about it.

Originally posted by agentzero9
Cooling and airflow: 9/10

Looks: 4/10

So unless you have a case window, I say don't worry about it.

Agreed. I don't know if you're going for cooling or looks, but personally I go for cooling, I don't have tons of CCFL's like most people, so my inside case isn't very visible. Cooling's more important than looks in my book.

So overall I give it a 6.5/10, 9/10 cooling wise.

wow thanks for all the replies, i don't have a case window so airflow was the most important thing, but being able to stealth the wires is something i wanna learn
so just wanted some ideas

thanks again

np, I hope you did what i told you its the best thing you can do to clean those wires up and when your done post some pics.

cleanner.jpg

Theres my input and exactly what i did with my case ill try to get pics tommorow even though my webcam sucks.

Sorry for the run on sentences i dont like . and , 's hehe :)

i'll definitely post pictures, might take me a little bit though, i have a lot of tests coming up :( so hopefully it won't take too long

It is as good as mine has ever been. They need a place where you can special order power supplies that have wires x inches long and connectors for x number of devices.

k, after seeing your wirey mess it made me think of my own. Plus I was extremely bored....

before

dirty.JPG

after

clean.JPG

Stop makin fun of my flat ide cables!!! :D

wow amazing my cpu/mobo temps dropped 6 degrees. maybe it was all the dust on my fanblades :cool:

Originally posted by vtoe
k, after seeing your wirey mess it made me think of my own. Plus I was extremely bored....

before

after

Huge improvement! That will definitely pull the babes. :D

Originally posted by Notquiteanewbie
I just rewired my case after adding some hardware. What do you think, any suggestions would be nice as well

A cheap gheto suggestion if you don't want to blow any $ on loom or spiral wrap. This is what I did to my stepdads system that I just built last month. (he didn't want to blow the extra $20 on wire wrap either)

sd_side_wiring.jpg

Just take and twist all the wiring, after twisting it, I found that if you take a lighter or other heatsource to heat the wiring it will relax the twist and allow it to maintain the twist pretty well.

You may also notice that I didn't use rounded cables, the flat cables actually work better in his situation. (note the one thats sticking out like a sore thumb there wasn't quite done when the pics were taken.)

Originally posted by ·PitBuLL·
Where are your HD's... I feel stupid :)

Don't feel stupid, that how I want people to react :p They can't see the wires so they don't know just where i hid it :D

I only have one (WD 120gb) in the lowest of the 5.25 bays, you can actually see the molex going to it, but thats about it :)

Back