Ratchet Screens (56k = no)

Aerobahn

Limp Gawd
2uiykv9.jpg

2h80n4p.jpg

33ku29s.jpg

44bwql5.jpg

315o1a1.jpg

These screen looks amazing. Will be a must buy for me.

Here is the 1up video about this claiming it looks as good or better inperson. http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10039

Here is a thread discussing if these are "bullshots" in relation to if there is more than 4x AA applied to the shots.http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=40274

Insomniac did claim they would have lower polys and much better textures, with texture streaming. its 45fps atm stating they are shooting for 60 fps.

I wasn't sure about this game back when, but started playing it a few versions ago on the PS2 and I really love this game now....its definitely a staple for the Playstation series.

This new one for the PS3 looks amazing. I really can't wait!!
Gotta get me a PS3 first though, haha. Guess ill just go to my friends more often;)

I hope for your sake it has good gameplay.

Are you kidding me? You have obviously never played any of the previous games, most underrated games in history if you ask me, and some of my favorites for PS2

Plastic. It's the new real :(

Its a cartoon environment, why does it have to look real? I prefer the look of games like this and WoW than most games that try to look real, because up until very recently we did not have the ability to make anything look convincingly real.

I'll say the same thing now that I said to myself when I first saw those screens in EGM:

"Damn, the PS2 may not have made good on the 'Toy Story' level claims but this looks like it just may"

The Ratchet and Clank games have always been fun. They did sort of overstay their welcome on the PS2, with a new one coming out every year (and Deadlocked wasn't that great), but I've been playing the latest one on my PSP and it's so much fun it's made me want to go back and play Going Commando again.

This game right here is one of the few reasons I'd want a PS3.

Its a cartoon environment, why does it have to look real? I prefer the look of games like this and WoW than most games that try to look real, because up until very recently we did not have the ability to make anything look convincingly real.

Oh it doesn't and I agree with you on wow. It's a very nice looking game. My problem is with the bump mapping that gives the world a plastic-y shine to it. I guess I should have said that better but when I was referring to it being the new "real" I was talking about the usage of bump mapping in other games (halo 2 being the prime one in my mind). Aside from the plastic shine the game does look very good both stylistically and technically speaking.

Gotta admit, it looks fabulous. For all the people whining about how it looks all glossy or something... it's just the art style they're going for in this game. I think they're doing it well.

i dont mind a cartoon enviroment, i love mario sunshine lol. i just wonder why everything looks like someone took a buffer to it. i mean shiny rock, shiny tree ?

Just as an observation. If you look closely the "gloss" on the tree and other objects looks like it may be sludge or something thats on the tree.

The rock hover just shimmers, maybe its wet??

Even if those weren't the cases though, I like the look

i watched the video and maybe I am blind but I do not see gloss. anyone else?

Game looks awsome, I just wonder if its gonna be able to hold at 60 fps.

Back