RAT Pro X

WinMan_x2000

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have any experience with the RAT Pro X? I have been using the RAT7 for a couple of years now. I absolutely love the feel of the mouse and it would be tough to do something else with the claw grip I use. I never really liked the performance of the sensor, so I am looking to change.

Thoughts?

Are you asking about the sensor performance?

I believe with the refresh the RAT Pro X will use the Pixart PMW3360 by default which is the non Logitech exclusive variant of the PMW3366 (first used in their G502) which is generally regarded as the best sensor available. 3360 however is very new but you will be seeing a lot of new upcoming mice being released with this being the show case change.

The one difference (some would consider it a weakness) with the 3360 vs. 3366 is that it has smoothing above 2000 DPI. But smoothing at very high DPI and sens might be considered a pro as well.

So unless their implementation is messed up somehow the sensor performance should be fine.

Even if it is uses the older PMW3310 that sensor is still considered very good but it seems like at this point for such an expensive product you should wait for the 3360 version.

Last edited:
This is good info, yes it is using the 3310 as an option, it also has the PLN2307, and ADNS-9800. I was not aware of the 3360 refresh, I may wait for that.

I have a Rat Pro X and it is a very solid mouse

I play FPS lots (since back in the quake days for multiplayer), I also have a mamba for comparison.

the adjustment of the rat Pro X are great and def more comfortable than my Mamba 2015. the 16k DPI of the mamba, I am a high DPI player and that is just insanity regardless of game. I have to crank down to around 12k to be able to play without issues.

Currently ripping it through Doom and prefer the ergo of the Rat Pro X.
the price point though...:eek:

AND there is a new Rat Pro X+ being released later this year... :eek: :eek:

Back