• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Rare - Motorola 68000 processor Engineering Sample

The listing says, "came from the estate of a systems engineer", I hope Thomas Gunter hasn't passed.

I have found memories of the 68k series.
 
The 68k was a really novel CPU for its time. In an age of everyone still making 8 bit CPU designs, Motorola was forward thinking and made a 16/32 bit design that still is useful today.

I have an engineering sample of a ceramic gold pin 68000 rated for 16 MHz made in late 1979 and it mostly works (EFX68000C16). I installed it in my Sega Genesis and most games run fine on it, but there are some like Out Run which crash with a garbled screen during gameplay.
 
The 68k was a really novel CPU for its time. In an age of everyone still making 8 bit CPU designs, Motorola was forward thinking and made a 16/32 bit design that still is useful today.

I have an engineering sample of a ceramic gold pin 68000 rated for 16 MHz made in late 1979 and it mostly works (EFX68000C16). I installed it in my Sega Genesis and most games run fine on it, but there are some like Out Run which crash with a garbled screen during gameplay.
pics?
 
I was a bit off on the date, it's 1985, not 1979. The 1979 was a different 68000 I had awhile back.

6J9eCPIh.jpg
 
Thanks for the great info, is your info from that video or are you perhaps a friend of the family? Got a link to the video?
 
i have always wanted to mess around with the Sharp 68000 computer from Japan.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The list of processor architectures that would have made the tech world a better place if they'd managed to edge out x86 is far, far too long...
 
What happened to the Thomas Gunter posts? I didn't get a chance to read the new one last night and this morning it's gone, couple others deleted also.
 
Back
Top