Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The WD7500AAKS actually beats the Raptor either slightly or quite a bit in every area except for the following:
-seek time
-IOPS
-loading of levels (sometimes)
...but if you read STR (sequential transfer rate) results or any other benchmark, you'll see the WD7500AAKS (and the new RE2 version of that drive) come out as being faster.
Access times do wonders for the snappiness (feel, experience) I'll stick with RPM over density.
Too bad there wasn't a WD750ADFD out. Get 3 of those in RAID0 and you'd be SMOKIN'.
Access times do wonders for the snappiness (feel, experience) I'll stick with RPM over density.
Too bad there wasn't a WD750ADFD out. Get 3 of those in RAID0 and you'd be SMOKIN'.
Maybe not 750's but bigger,faster Raptors,with larger caches,are coming soon.Check Anandtech !![]()
I couldn't find any reference to this. Could you please provide a link?
I couldn't find any reference to this. Could you please provide a link?
Sorry for highjacking but, is it common to have a small imperfection on the raptor x disk. I got mine in a bit earlier than my other parts and it looks awesome but there is a teeny tiny little shiny speck on the platter, it doesnt move around its just there, is that common or should i call the big WD