Raptor X Owners - Remove Sticker?

AuxNuke

Gawd
Hello all. I've just purchased a second Raptor X to use in RAID 0 for my main rig. After receiving the new "bulk" drive, I noticed that it came with a plastic film sticker which covers a good portion of the transparent drive cover. After tearing my rig apart, I noticed the old drive that I bought does not have the same protective covering. Is this something the user is supposed to remove? I can't remember if I removed it before or not... See the pics below:

Old Raptor X
raptorx_noplastic.jpg

New Raptor X
raptorx_plastic.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I can't think of any reason it would harm anything by removing it..... If it were me, I would:)

when i got mine it had a little paper with it in the bag that said NOT to remove the protective film on the lense (sticker). Didnt say why ... but i guess it will void the warranty if removed.

why would you want to remove it? Ether way, it looks like a harddrive to me lol:p

But I also think it looks better witht he sticker for some reason

when i got mine it had a little paper with it in the bag that said NOT to remove the protective film on the lense (sticker). Didnt say why ... but i guess it will void the warranty if removed.
That's odd... the new drive with the sticker still has the punch outs for the screws as well. It looks like if I were to remove the main sticker, it would still have the circle shaped protective stickers over the screws as shown like on the old drive. Does that mean I still void the warranty? This drive didn't come with a little piece of paper....

Back