• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

raptor troubles

medbot

n00b
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
50
Hi all, sorry if this is a bit long but here goes:

I was rewiring my case just a little this evening, nothing major, didn't take anything out, as I wanted to plug in the leads from my case's front audio ports to my motherboard. Anyway, it went smooth, booted into windows and the audio worked and everything, no problems. I rebooted, though, and while on the windows load screen with the scrolling blue bar my 74gb raptor (which is only a few monthes old) made a weird clicking sound followed by another sound I'm having trouble describing (it's late :rolleyes: ) and it just sits there on the load screen indefinitely. I am, however, able to boot just fine into safe mode.

I looked in the event viewer and saw one thing in particular that caught my eye:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AsIO
ATITool
Avg7Core
Avg7RsW
Avg7RsXP
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
Processor
RasAcd
Rdbss
SCDEmu
Tcpip

There were a few other errors pertaining to networking protocols (tcpip, netbios, dhcp) that say this:
failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I'm not sure what device this is referring to; everything is connected and working in safe mode.

I ran the WD diagnostics program on the drive and it passed just fine so I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?
 
well I ran the WD diagnostics extended test again and it passed again, so I decided I'd try and boot into windows one more time before bed and it worked, so I guess thats good...
 
i'd still give WD a call about it, explain what happened, and RMA the thing, if it's making noises like that, it's on it's way out............ the reason these things are failing to load is that the disk is failing, what you heard MAY have been a head crash........
 
Back
Top