Raptor Setup..Need opinions

g1xx3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
5,501
I just came across a 150gb Raptor so here is my current setup..

74gb Raptor (GD 8mb cache) OS,Swap File
150gb Raptor X game storage,swap file

I had a 36gb Raptor which was replaced with the 74gb and my rig does feel a bit more snappy and definitely boots faster.
Avid gamer rig in sig..Is this the optimal setup for performance..Thanx
 
Looks fine. I'd buy a 300GB USB drive and hook it up once in a while and take images of the drives. It will give you some backup plan if a drive should fail.
 
I'd probably keep the swap file on the OS drive only so that your games don't have to share disk access with it. If you keep your game drive defragmented, you should get some drastically reduced load times over a single Raptor.

I'll be experimenting with something like this myself in the near future, though I'm hoping to have a 15k rpm SCSI for my swap file :D
 
Back
Top