raptor problem

GlimmerMan

Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
982
I've been experiencing the following intermittent problems lately:
Windows freezes, sometimes for well over a few minutes. Can't even pull up task manager. Meanwhile, HD is making clicking noise. Windows eventually returns.
On boot-up, the HD is not detected. Reseating the SATA cable fixes this.
WD diagnostic quick test fails. The extended test sometimes results in BSOD. Eventually, the extended test finished, reported problems, and fixed them. A few days later, after more problems, the extended test taking a long time to finish (estimated 43+ hours, so I aborted).
Windows scandisk now takes a long time to complete. After one hour, only 50% finished at stage 5.

Should I try to zero out the drive and do fresh install? Can I zero out the drive since it is the OS drive?
Or should I just RMA it. I got it from newegg 8 months ago.
Thanks
 
Just advanced RMA to WD, you have a 5 year warranty on that drive. If it failed the diagnostic, you should have no problems getting a new one from them.
 
Back
Top