Raptor Performance

I built this computer a couple years back:

AMD 64 939 3000
Asus SLI Deluxe
Raptor 36G

I recently formated and reinstalled the OS, hoping to get some performance back out of it. However my hard drive seems to not be performing to what I remember. I have it connected to one of the nVidia nforce 4 SATA. Its not partioned or raid configured and I just wiped the paging file, defragged, and reset the paging file to 3072MB. I ran HD Tune on it to see what its read/write speed was, these are the results.

hdtune.jpg

Is this running at its optimal speed? I couldn't find anything to compare it to.

Doesn't look too bad for HDTune, but I don't use it often. I know with HDTach, which always reads higher, you should see 55-57MB/s avg. transfers and 7.8 avg. access.

Ok, so I downloaded HD Tach and ran it. These are the results :

hdtach.jpg

I still was only getting about 49MB/s, is this able to be optimized a bit? I understand there are A LOT of variables that you all would not know about the "condition" of my computer; processes, indexing, drives, etc... But as I said before, I reinstalled this machine over the weekend I installed all patches for windows, my nForce4 drivers(newest ones), turned off a lot of services (indexing, error reporting, etc..), doubled checked the controller was running in SATA mode. Anything that you all might be able to provide as tweaks would be helpful.

Thank You in advance.

Looks fine IMO. There are many other little factors that can cause it to be a little slower than others.

Looks normal for a Raptor 8 Mb and 36 Gb platter. We should start to worry if this is the result of a Raptor ADFD .

Ok, well thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. It had been a while since I built and benchmarked the machine. After I reinstalled anything I made as many system tweaks as I could without overclocking anything.

Back