Raptor Headaches

vodEVIL

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
358
Hi, I just bought a raptor the other day and I cant seem to get it installed correctly. I am using Windows XP and hit F6 to install the drivers for the SATA driver (I got the drivers from the chaintech website, but they are the raid ones) from a floppy disk. Windows continues to setup fine until the end of the first phase (right after the partion and format, where its checking the drivers) and then it gives me a error code saying it cannot copy the SATA drivers. So I try everything I can think of including making another floppy and a cd of them, but they still dont work so I skip them. Then after that is finished and where goes to the slash startup screen for windows xp and then I get a blue screen of death. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? System in the sig.
 
My guess is something isn't setup right in the BIOS for non-RAID usage. It's a shame the AMD boards can't do this, but if RAID functionality is disabled on an Intel chipset board, you don't need any special drivers.
 
You dont need SATA drivers on a Nforce3 250 board - it has native support. I installed my raptor the other day without a floppy.
 
Summoner said:
You dont need SATA drivers on a Nforce3 250 board - it has native support. I installed my raptor the other day without a floppy.

In the windows setup it wont display my raptor if I havent installed the drivers. I will check the BIOS however and try that way.
 
Back
Top