• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raptor Acoustic Management?

antioch

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
337
Does anyone know how to control/enable Acoustic Management on a Raptor?

I don't care if it's a hack or not - I just want to quiet this sucker down.
 
Oh wow. It only works on ATA HDs, not SATA disks.

Edit: Oh. By looking at the German it seems to be that the reason I get "No SATA disks found!" is because I'm using the nVidia drivers. I should use the Windows drivers? How does one do that?
 
Well, I am on a Gigabyte P965-DQ6 with Intel chipset and Intel drivers and there it works, the reason why SATA doesn't work is that the IDE drivers do not support those AAC commands. Looks like the Intel SATA drivers do.

Go to device manager, to your IDE controller. Select "Update the driver", then later "I will choose the driver..." and then you should be given the "Standard IDE" drivers. Maybe it works with them.
 
Back
Top