*RANT* BF2 Tee'd me off today

cgrant26

2[H]4U
OK, so the more I play, the more I'm starting to dislike the 1.03 patch. For starters, the random disconnect problem that was fixed with 1.02 is now worse than it ever was. In addition to that, EA managed to bork the games scoring system.
Here's what I think is happening:
When your on a full server and idiots keep changing teams, when you kill an enemy and they get autobalanced, you get credited with TKs for your legit kills. This glitch also happens a lot when killing vehicles, even when the occupants are not autobalanced. I'm half wondering if its a hack of some sort because it doesn't always happen but it totally wipes out and disire to beta-te, I mean, play the game any further.
And while I'm on the subject, the latest thing I'm seeing a lot of is the sacrificial lamb strategy. One player on a team will switch to the opposite team, TK people, (mostly those taking flags or entering vehicles) and then switch back. Of course you can't fucking kick them because the retarded game needs a majority of ALL players to get a successful kick. One notworthy occurance of this was today on Sharqui Penninsula I was a squad leader and had 2 other people in my squad. We did a HMMWV storming to the MEC helipad to steal their chopper. We killed everyone there and a sec before the chopper spawned, another guy joined my squad and spawned on me. As we ran for the chopper, the asshole C4ed all of us and then switched back to MEC. Started a vote to kick the tard but you know how that goes. I was so damn pissed.
I really wish I could reach into my computer, come out on the other end and strangle the life out of internet game cheaters. Maybe make a few EA programmers pass out as well. (I would have said Quality Control staffers but it appears EA has none)
[/End Rant]

*EDIT* Mods, if pissed shouldn't be in a title, please change it to Tee'd. Thanks.

I have noticed that, although I got 3 promotions in a 5 min window, my scores are now much lower than before the patch. I used to constantly score 100+ per round but now I only get up to the 40s....I dont get it

For me it doesn't seem that scoring has changed. I used to routinely score anywhere from 30 to 50 points before the patch and I still score in that range after the patch.

This isn't a great solution to the problem of a player switching teams, tk'ing people and switching back but you might try it. I know that most squads are left unlocked because usually they're not full and you want to leave it open for other players or new players to join but maybe when trying to take something important like a flag or whatever, you could temporarily lock it. That way nobody can suddenly join your squad and tk you. Now, of course, this doesn't prevent them from joining another squad or just going solo and finding you and tk'ing you but it at least prevents them from spawning on you.

Just a though. Personally I haven't run into this problem. In fact the clan I'm in has their own server and if someone tk's someone else on purpose on our server, they are kicked from the server and possibly banned.

You get kills exchanged for TKs when someone changes teams? That's so retarded! So much for buying that game. Loosers. :rolleyes:

MiXdNuTs said:
I have noticed that, although I got 3 promotions in a 5 min window, my scores are now much lower than before the patch. I used to constantly score 100+ per round but now I only get up to the 40s....I dont get it

Ive had that problem lately, and Ive seen a LOT of TKs lately. Really annoying, but I still like the game a lot. I like the favorites folder in the new patch. Ive found a couple of servers I like and its easier than writing down IP addresses on post it notes.

I honestly have not experience anything you're talking about. So far, 1.03 runs flawlessly for me. No random disconnects, no discrediting kills for TKs upon team switching. I'm still scoring the same as I normally would. The only possible reason why you'd be getting lower scores is that before the patch you used to cap flags with 4-6 guys in a vehicle. That's truly the only scoring that has changed. As you already know, you must get out of a vehicle to get points if you are not the driver. This means you are much more prone to dying faster than usual as you're not surrounded by the armour of a tank or chopper. Other than that, NO scoring changes have been made (except for destroying commander assets).

So unless you used to bounce from flag to flag in a chopper, or a tank and you're not the driver, the patch is not the reason why you're getting lower scores.

jnick said:
As you already know, you must get out of a vehicle to get points if you are not the driver. This means you are much more prone to dying faster than usual as you're not surrounded by the armour of a tank or chopper. Other than that, NO scoring changes have been made (except for destroying commander assets).

So unless you used to bounce from flag to flag in a chopper, or a tank and you're not the driver, the patch is not the reason why you're getting lower scores.

Maybe thats what Im doing wrong?? LOL!!

jnick said:
I honestly have not experience anything you're talking about. So far, 1.03 runs flawlessly for me. No random disconnects, no discrediting kills for TKs upon team switching. I'm still scoring the same as I normally would. The only possible reason why you'd be getting lower scores is that before the patch you used to cap flags with 4-6 guys in a vehicle. That's truly the only scoring that has changed. As you already know, you must get out of a vehicle to get points if you are not the driver. This means you are much more prone to dying faster than usual as you're not surrounded by the armour of a tank or chopper. Other than that, NO scoring changes have been made (except for destroying commander assets).

Agree. The only reason you are gonna get a lower score from 100+ is not being a BHwhore anymore. I for one am very glad they removed that aspect of the game.

I played last night for about 30 mins then got a random disconnect "Connection to Server" error.
I got on another server and the same thing happened after about 15 minutes.

I then played DOD:S for about an hour and a half and it ran perfect in terms of ping and connection. This is deffinetly a problem with the servers. I can't stand that.

I don't know how they can fix it or even have any clue what the problem is, but the problem is on their end. As everything else runs fine when connected to the internets on my box.

Rustedimpala said:
Ive had that problem lately, and Ive seen a LOT of TKs lately. Really annoying, but I still like the game a lot. I like the favorites folder in the new patch. Ive found a couple of servers I like and its easier than writing down IP addresses on post it notes.

Hahahahah! I used to do the exact same thing. There are no more random IP postit notes littering my desk anymore. YAY!

jnick said:

As far as my scoring goes, I think the feel of the game has changed (the way vehicles move and general stuff) and I am having trouble getting my touch back. It takes me awhile to workout my perfect twitch reflexes for any game. Even changing a graphics setting can throw me off.

deathBOB said:
Agree. The only reason you are gonna get a lower score from 100+ is not being a BHwhore anymore. I for one am very glad they removed that aspect of the game.

I usually just go COM and aim for a score of 50 and then it gets doubled when we win :)

Hey, I've been trying to figure out how I got TK's for shooting down a red copter... but that may be it.

I was on a full server and they had 8 more people than us. I hopped into an anti-air and shot down a plane with 2 people in it and got 2 TKs. The name was red and the missle was locking on. Since they said in the patch notes that they had fixed the friendlys-showing-reg issue, I couldn't figure out how I got 2 TKs and punished when I had only fired one rocket and it had hit the plane dead on and the names in the chat bar only showed me killing two red names.

for n00b asshat avoidance: find a server with active ADMINS who monitor and become a regular

I stopped playing BF2 about 4 weeks ago, and I haven't looked back. The only maps I liked were Karkand and Gulf of Oman, I hated maps with helos and jets. I hate dying without being able to do anything about it, random deaths suck.
It looks like I won't be getting back into it, too busy with CSS and waiting for FEAR and Quake 4.

Is the random death at least better? How can anyone stand a 32 or a 64 man server? Soooooo boring.

My 2 pennies.

/rant.

What do you mean by random death? The only time I died that might be considered random was when I would choose a spawn point that just happened to start getting pelted with artillery as soon as I spawn. I actually had that happen to me one night about 15 times. That's a bit annoying but it's always a possibility and when it happens I just try to respawn in the same spot because by the time I do the artillery is over and I then have a chance to get the hell out of there.

You can stop some of the random deaths. If you see a lot of camping in a base or people running around take cover or leave, they are arty targets. If you hear a plane check your map, if its not freindly look up to ensure that they are not on path for a bombing run.

EA needs to fix the damn server browser, especially the latest bug, where if you go from the general search of all 4,000+ servers to a specific one, then decide you want to reload the general search again, forget it, you can't. you now have to restart the friggin game to reload the servers. i don't know if all people are experiencing this, but i am, as well as some others in the hardforums. look EA, your server browser doesn't have to be revolutionary or all that intuitive, just make sure the features that are there, actually friggin work.

Isaacav2 said:
I stopped playing BF2 about 4 weeks ago, and I haven't looked back. The only maps I liked were Karkand and Gulf of Oman, I hated maps with helos and jets. I hate dying without being able to do anything about it, random deaths suck.
It looks like I won't be getting back into it, too busy with CSS and waiting for FEAR and Quake 4.

Is the random death at least better? How can anyone stand a 32 or a 64 man server? Soooooo boring.

My 2 pennies.

/rant.

ha, yeah, i stopped playing bf2 also. for some reason, i just lost interest. :(

i think FEAR MP is better IMO, but i haven't really been gaming because of school shit.

yeah the server browser sucks the nut! i use to jump in and then type 35 in players filter (i like the big servers :) ) and then pick the best. now it just turns blank and i have to reload.

I think the error with your nick color not switching, like for instance your on the same team but your team see's your name over your head as red has increased. on .02 i noticed once every now and then. last time i played i saw 4 grouped together, so of course i unload and kill them all and get kicked quickly after i was looking down at 4 dead us soliders....

So may this is why we are getting mass TK's...

The only bug I have found is that most of the time my team will show up red meaning they are enemies. Also on this one server if I would kill this one enemy, it would say that I TKed him. I was like WTF because he clearly is on the other team. Oh well this still won't stop me from playing BF2.

Your probably not getting as many points anymore since they changed the way the game reports medic, and supply points, you can't just keep handing out ammo packs every 2 seconds and constantly get points no more, you get one point and then there is a time limit before you can get points again for resupply.

Isaacav2 said:

My 2 pennies.

/rant.

Learn to be an armor/aviation whore. I hardly ever die in that game because I hardly ever go on foot.

I've noticed the red tag bug for the first time (I played quite abit pre patch) since the patch. Not just one or two times mind you, one or two times per round. I've had 2 team mates open fire at me at the same time as well, so I know i've been bugged a few times. It's pretty super lame, I've borked my score from gold a couple of times because of this bug in karkland.....great patch....

==dave

The server browser is constantly broken, filtering ranked servers ends up showing no servers all the time.

Also, they did reduce scoring. If you healed/revived/ammo resupply somebody, you won't be getting points for that same player again for a set time period. This is to stop ammo and heal whoring.

chameleoneel said:
EA needs to fix the damn server browser, especially the latest bug, where if you go from the general search of all 4,000+ servers to a specific one, then decide you want to reload the general search again, forget it, you can't. you now have to restart the friggin game to reload the servers. i don't know if all people are experiencing this, but i am, as well as some others in the hardforums. look EA, your server browser doesn't have to be revolutionary or all that intuitive, just make sure the features that are there, actually friggin work.

Actually, you dont have to reload the entire game. Instead, just uncheck and clear every single one of your filters and hit the "apply filters" button. Then all the servers will load and after that check what filters you want and hit the "apply filters" button again and it will take the excess out of the list. Way quicker than reloading the entire game.

I dunno, but to me it seems like every gun has become more accurate. Now I'm getting killed by n00bs who never used to get one shot on me.

Unlike most here, I have not had a problem with 1.03. In fact, I like it. The only thing that pisses me off is that the "friendly tag displays red" bug has not been fixed. Also, people really shouldnt complain about TK's and the general idiocy of team members in relation to a patch. Finding a good server will solve that problem without having to download and install shit.

My biggest beef so far is that I was riding in a APC with like 4 other guys, the APC driver somehow manages to kill our own team's helo - full of guys.

So that's like 5 TKs...and the TKs are all given to EVERYBODY in the APC! Getting me, sitting in the back doing nothing banned from the server.

EA/Dice suck donkey balls......any other questions?

They took a brilliant idea and effectively ruin it every time they "patch" or whatever the bleep you want to call it. What sucks is despite all the bs I STILL play the damn game more than anything else. If they ever get a decent mod going I'm switching to it and staying the hell away from "normal" BF2 ranked servers. I have an unranked server nobody plays in but we use to practice and play matches and for some reason it runs GREAT! Again I hope whoever is screwing up this game gets what they have earned...asshats

It still takes 2-3 tank rounds to shoot down a heli. 2-3 TANK ROUNDS TO SHOOT DOWN A HELICOPTER. I am a design engineer for Sikorsky, I work on UH-60's every day (like right now :D ) THERE IS NO WAY.

Not to mention it takes at least 3 anti tank rounds to destroy a tank...so you can get 1 kill. Where is the incentive to be anti tank and use your kit like you are supposed to?

Does anyone think that getting 2 points for destroying a tank as anti-tank is fair when you get 2 points for killing an infantryman in a tank? Come on.

Also, I have been getting a bug lately where my rockets/M203's go through vehicles like they are not there.

BrownThunder said:
I still think special forces is the best anti-tank.... :cool:

Definetely. At least they made Special Forces useful now, with points for commander assets. They should be way higher though, considering how difficult it is sometimes. Maybe 5 points for destroying enemy artillery.

cefoskey said:
It still takes 2-3 tank rounds to shoot down a heli. 2-3 TANK ROUNDS TO SHOOT DOWN A HELICOPTER.

You should be more specific. You MUST be talking about a transport copter. If you shoot your pintle-mount machine gun at the same time you fire your main gun, you'll have any attack copter in the game into the red. Hold down the machine gun trigger for a couple more rounds and he'll be on fire. After getting rammed by planes or other helicopters, I get shot down most by tanks, so i don't want to hear it.

If you have a problem with that 'reality', maybe we should introduce the reality of never even seeing a helicopter, since it'll be nailing you from far away, behind a hill?? Would you like that better? Lol.

On the tank vs. AT issue, you are aware that there is different thicknesses of armor on different areas of the tank, and that you can destroy a tank with 2 rounds if you hit the soft spots?

On the disconnects issue, I think the game just has fairly non-robust netcode. Any little burp in your connection and it goes south. Some days I can go all day and not get disconnected, somedays I get disconnected from every other server. People call the 'random', but they're not random, we just don't know the trigger. That trigger is most likely somewhere between you and the server, out there on the Internet, something dropped a key packet or two.

well at least you still have your account.... i went to a lan party and was playing with the new patch for the first time. Just got my 2nd unlock for free, yea i know 2 isnt much, and then when i get home to play it, 'the uniqunick supplied is invalid'.... YAY my account got deleted for no reason....so now ive pretty much given up on bf2 as well. im still waiting for my response from customer support to tell me why my account got deleted.... oh well... fear MP is pretty sweet, same with battlefront 2

Back