I swear I will get this thing working.. SOMEDAY!
1st issue: The pump they send is a 2 part pump, sealed with an O-ring. There are no physical catches to hold the pump together.. WTF? If I so much as bump my case the pump starts leaking at the impeller junction.. I zip tied it down so that part is fixed.
JUMBO RANT:
The screws they give you for the VGA block are too wide. So wide that I would have to THREAD them through my BFG 6800GT-OC and risk torquing a trace or breaking it. I mean, WTH, I can't believe they sell tons of these kits and no one has had a problem. Could this be a BFG issue? Maybe all other 6800 brands have slightly larger holes? In any case Home Depot and Ace only went down to 4-40's, which is the same size screws Asetek sent. I need a 3 or something special, and then nuts to fit them. I'm really disappointed. I blew 300 bux on a watercooling kit and my PC has been down a month now.
Heading to Radio Shack during lunch to see if maybe they have some smaller screws that will fit through my board.
/end rant
I have to say the blocks themselves are great, and that dual 120 BlackIce Extreme is a nice rad unit. I just wish their hardware selection was a tad better.
1st issue: The pump they send is a 2 part pump, sealed with an O-ring. There are no physical catches to hold the pump together.. WTF? If I so much as bump my case the pump starts leaking at the impeller junction.. I zip tied it down so that part is fixed.
JUMBO RANT:
The screws they give you for the VGA block are too wide. So wide that I would have to THREAD them through my BFG 6800GT-OC and risk torquing a trace or breaking it. I mean, WTH, I can't believe they sell tons of these kits and no one has had a problem. Could this be a BFG issue? Maybe all other 6800 brands have slightly larger holes? In any case Home Depot and Ace only went down to 4-40's, which is the same size screws Asetek sent. I need a 3 or something special, and then nuts to fit them. I'm really disappointed. I blew 300 bux on a watercooling kit and my PC has been down a month now.
Heading to Radio Shack during lunch to see if maybe they have some smaller screws that will fit through my board.
/end rant
I have to say the blocks themselves are great, and that dual 120 BlackIce Extreme is a nice rad unit. I just wish their hardware selection was a tad better.