Random windows freezes with raid 0

Jared701

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally put my system on raid 0. I had used the exact same parts, windows settings, everything the same except without raid before and never got these freezes, the system just stops responding for about 6 seconds, cant move mouse or anything. This happens probably about 8 times a day, if I have music on it the music just freezes on whatever it is on and that sound is projected from the speakers until it unfreezes. Does it sound like a bad driver? bad hard drive? please help

did u format both drives b4 reinstalling windows? during the startup of the installer did u install the raid drivers?

usually this problems happen when using like a pci card with windows, but since its integrated i wouldnt thing it would. i suggest just getting something small to boot off of. Im using a 40 gig for booot and my 2 200s in raid for storage

Originally posted by monkeysofthebutt
im a dumbass^2

rofl...

I think you need to reformat the drives after installing raid 0 at least. The best thing would be a clean reinstall of Windows.

hardware - asus sk8n mb, with promise controller built in. 2 120 gig maxtor hd's. i bought them new, got the raid driver on a floppy and installed windows on them. it said last night one of the drives had failed or was unplugged and made me totally rebuild the array and reformat. so i lost that version of windows :rolleyes: good thing i didnt format my 80 gig which also has windows xp on it which im using now. it shows that the array is ok again now... do you think the drive is dying? it consistantly said the same one. it is still under manufactures warranty, should i rma it or try redoing windows and hope this doesnt happen again?

Back