Random User Folder found

I just found a folder under C:\Users, called Ian, which I don't know anyone named Ian, and when i click on it, i get two sub-folders, one called AppData and the other called Desktop, under desktop i found yet another subfolder called Softpaq Safina 1.0, and in there is another folder called 5.ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 SP48510, and in that one is a bunch of files pertaining to ATI. Which this laptop is a few years old, I am geting ready to sell it cause I am building a new desktop and got a MacBook Pro 2013 to replace the laptop (also prolly getting a ASUS gaming laptop, got the Macbook because I am a Audio Engineer and Producer and thats what all the studio's use, and that's what I learned on n school, and Where I just got aj ob at prefers that we use Mac's. I am a PC guy at heart tho) Anyways, this laptop has a ATi/AMD Radeon Mobility 4250, not a 5470, so I don't understand where the hell it came from, and why its under a user named Ian. Anyone have any thought on how this could have happened. I am just gonna delete it obviously, but it has just been bugging me not knowing the Where and the How, so I wanted to figured that out first.

Probably added by the person who had it before or the tech who set it up.

I thought for your whole post was going to be one sentence. Did you scan it with a decent virus scanner?

Your laptop may have been purchased by someone else who returned it.
It was then repackaged without being re-installed and sold again.
Not a good practice but it happens.

ps use paragraphs.
If I hadnt worked out what this was about within the first part of the wall of text, I wouldnt have responded.

The Internet tells me SoftPaq is an HP application download manager.

Is this the first time you have looked in c:\Users, or have you verified that this is a newly created folder?

The Internet tells me SoftPaq is an HP application download manager.

Is this the first time you have looked in c:\Users, or have you verified that this is a newly created folder?

lol obviously this is not my first time looking in there, not my first PC or anything, if you notice under my username, I have been a member for quite awhile on this forum :). It is indeed a newly created folder, as of 3 days ago, which if it's HP related ( and thank you ! for looking that up by the way, I never got around to it. Soon after posting this, I feel asleep and then woke up late for work, and am just now getting home) then that makes sense, cause I just hooked up a new HP Office-jet E-printer. But what still doesn't make sense is who the fraggle-rock this Ian person is lol.

Doesn't matter now tho, Cause I am having a whole other problem, which I am pretty sure is linked to a virus cause I made the mistake of letting my lil cousin play some games on here, and he downloaded a bunch of shit, just like I told him not to do, of course, so I can't boot into Win7 anymore, only able to boot into Ubuntu, so I am attempting to fix it from here, but if not, then a system restore, and an upgrade to Win8 (been meaning to do that for awhile now anyways, got my disc like 3weeks ago or so) and I am good to go. I am just glad that I am able to access the win7 partition of my HDD, so I can backup my GF and I's documents. Have a lot of work on there from the Studio, tracks that aren't finished., Song Ideas, Work I've been doing on my first custom Android ROM and Kernel. etc etc. And she is a Graphic Designer and sometimes use's this Laptop instead of her MacBook, for work, so it has some important stuff for her too.

Anyways, thanks for the info fellas.

Back