Random slowdown/disconnect w/ WRT54GS

Adrnshw6

Limp Gawd
For the past week or so I have been having a problem with my network I have had my network for over a year and this is a recent problem with no discernible cause. First, here are my network specs.
ISP: Comcast, I live in SE Massachusetts
Router: WRT54GS V1
Adapter: WMP54GS
VOIP provider: Vonage, I have this as my phone.

The problem I am having is that at times my network will randomly slow down a lot for 10, 30, sometimes 60 minutes at a time. Not only does my ping to websites skyrocket, but my ping to my router also gets way too high, but it is not consistently high. Say, out of 4 pinging one will return as 30 ms, one will be 150 ms, another 1200, and sometimes it doesn't come back at all and I get packet loss. This is not only a wireless problem, it happens on my computer that is wired directly into my computer as well.

Sometimes my network just completely times out and I have to manually reconnect with my wireless adapter. I had been using the dd-wrt firmware (seen here ) and even though I had been using it for months, I tried updating the firmware to linksys firmware to see if it would help. It didn't. I even reset all my network settings on the router and on my computer, and the problem still occurs.

Any ideas?

Back