random shut downs need help fast.

flat4

[H]ard|Gawd
first of all i just installed some new fans in my system. before i installed them the system worked fine. after that the comp would just shut down. no shut down screns or anything. it would jsut turn off. i had reset my bios to normal settings and it still does the same thing. some times i would turn it on and it would turn right back off. other times it would boot in to windows and stay on for a little over a hour. all my specs are im my sig. thanks for the help in advance,

Usually that has something to do with the psu, maybe it doesnt have enough power to run those additional fans?

Yeah, that same thing happened to me. Only I got it a hell of a lot worse. I ended up accidentally shorting out my graphics card. Once I got the new one, it still wouldn't work. Ended up being the PSU was just a gay weak piece o' crap. Try getting a new one.

I concur. PSU is the most likely source of the issue. Give us the specs on your system and PSU and we can let you know if you have enough power.

maybe you placed the fans incorrectly? and its heat issues, i would go with that, because the PSU would short at the start of boot because thats when the most energy is being used, AKA all harddrives and fans spinning up for the 1st time

Mysticcal said:
maybe you placed the fans incorrectly? and its heat issues, i would go with that, because the PSU would short at the start of boot because thats when the most energy is being used, AKA all harddrives and fans spinning up for the 1st time

Thats not exactly true. Your CPU and 'need' more power at times when your processor is at a high usage. If your PSU can't handle the variance because of the draw from extra fans, your computer would just reboot.

A way to create a similar effect is to undervolt the CPU in your bios. If you drop your proc .1v below what it is rated to run at, it is likely you will boot up, but the first time you start to run a game it will reboot.

all my info is in my sig. my psu is a tangen and i think its the 480w ver. all i did was replace the fans in my system. i even unpluged all of my fans and it still did it. im at work right now so when i go home i will try and unplug one of my fans. does it matter if u have all of the fans hooked up to the same plug?

is it better to hook up fans to my mobo or straight to the psu? i had one hooked up straight up to the mobo and it worked perfect.

also, i hooked one of my fans up to the mobo and its works fine now. thanks for the help.

Back