• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Random Restarts, now can't even install windows

vhx1

n00b
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
8
I am having a huge problem right. Its finals week and my computer just died. I had my p5b-deluxe/wifi + e6660 running at 3.02 ghz 336x9 vcore = 1.3215 V in bios. It was runnign rock solid since september. All of a sudden a few days ago, my system restarted randomly. So i set cpu clocks to stock. The random restarts kept occuring but i noticed that the time for the comp to restart gradually decreased to the point where my Windows system files were corrupt so i couldn't even get into windows. I used Sea tools to scan my 7200.10 harddrive since i thought it was fried and found tons of bad sectors.

I just received a new wd3200ks sataII drive yesterday and attempted to install windows. I tried three different windows xp disks and none could complete install. One error that I keep getting is "error 32768 at line 5897 in d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setup\setup.c" Another reoccuring error is that it fails to copy system files to the hd once I complete the format.

I tried clearing CMOS ram and installing a new bios but that didnt' work. I have a feeling something may be wrong with the mobo. Is it possible my cpu could have blown? I also tried each individual stick of ram by itself to no avail

My system specs
Asus p5b deluxe wifi
Antec P180B
Core 2 Duo e6600 w Zalman CNPS 9500AT
Seagate 7200.10 SATAII 320 gb
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800Mhz PC6400
eVGA 7900 GS
Seasonic s12-500
nec 3550AD DVD-RW
 
BigBadBiologist said:
What's the CPU temp reported in the BIOS?

At 335x9, 43 idle / 57 load.
At stock, 40 idle / 54 load

right now with side panel off at stock everything 36 C
 
I would look at the power supply. I had a problem a while back where one of my computers would restart randomly, I replaced the power supply and all my problems went away. If it isnt the power supply the next thing I would look is the ram. If it isnt any of those two then just start switching stuff out, like the cpu(if you have an extra), and then the motherboard.
 
tried each stick of ram individually. I'd be sad if both were blown
 
Back
Top