Random Reboot problem. Graphics drivers related?

Seizure Explosion

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
116
'kay so I have a computer with and eVGA nforce 4 SLI edition mainboard and a 7800 GT from the same company. Since I installed the drivers for both (with service pack 2 installed and the whole deal) I've started to see random sudden reboots for no reason. Originally I had the drivers on the CD, but My computer wouldn't shut down properly with those. So I went and wiped my HDD and did everything over but installed the latest drivers instead. Now instead of not being able to shut down without pushing a button, I get random reboots. They're not very frequent, but I was wondering if I'm doing something hidiously wrong. Could it be a heat problem? Defective hardware? I'm stumped.
 
What are some other specs of your system?? In particular, I'm interested in your PSU and RAM??
 
Have you tested your memory with Memtest86?
That's the first thing I do with a new system, even before I load the OS.
 
Back
Top