Random Crashes to Black Screen problem

Zukker

n00b
Well I hope this is the right place to post this.

First some history: I bouight my system last year and it ran flawlessly for 10 months. Then the computer statrting crashing to a multi-pixel screen upon playing CODWAW and COD4. After one such crash the computer would not re-boot. I RMA the motherboard and it came back and installed Win7 and re-installed the games. It continued with crashes and eventually RMA the video card. eVGA sent me a replacement card (a new GTX285). Installed it and re-installed my games.

Now I get random crashes to a black screen with some repeating sounds for a few seconds and then nothing. Keyboard is inoperatable and I have to do a hard re-boot to re-start the computer. The random crashes occur after 10 min or 60 min or never when playing. They occur when playing CODWAW, COD4, and Farcry2 but not with SIMS 3. I have run memtest with no problems and tempertaure according to Everest are in the mid 50's for GPU and CPU. I have searched and searched on the net for answers but with no luck.

I did post something similar to this before and this allowed me to RMA my video card.I have anew card now but the problem seems to still be there.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Back