Random? Crashes. Power kernel 41

demondrops

Limp Gawd
Running latest and legit windows 10 update. Have run memtest, intel cpu test. Everything updated, fresh windows install ++ But i keep getting sometimes, freezes with weird sound and following bluescreen or hard reset. And i get these in event log power kernel 41 errors. But i have no idea what it is. I will copy paste the little info that is there wich i dont understand anyway. Everything is prety much brand new. Ive been having these issues for a good while now. It dont happen normally very often. Run without oc on cpu also not much different. Everything except cpu and sometimes gpu is oc'd but they have proven stable when i tested.

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 5

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-08-13T04:09:50.686596900Z

EventRecordID 4453

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-EV9689H

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData

BugcheckCode 26

BugcheckParameter1 0x41201

BugcheckParameter2 0xffff8a3ffcca0458

BugcheckParameter3 0x100269d45025

BugcheckParameter4 0xffffd409ff03a140

SleepInProgress 0

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 0

Checkpoint 0

ConnectedStandbyInProgress false

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

back off your oc a bit and see if it still happens. then look at the psu.

Not sure if you just built this PC or recently reinstalled Windows since you mention "Everything is pretty much brand new" . If you just put it together, I would verify all cables are plugged in, especially the main power cables going into motherboard.
Disconnect any devices you don't need, e.g. if a USB hard driver, printer or other device is connected, then disconnect them from your PC.
Not sure if you are on UPS or not, but if you are, try plugging into wall outlet directly or try another outlet elsewhere if possible.
I'd check Asus website and compare your BIOS version to see if you can update BIOS to the latest version.

When I built my PC earlier in year and was getting BSODs and similar symptoms to yours, the culprit was ASUS software I installed. I forget if it was for controlling the motherboard LED lights or Fan/overclocking utilities. I ended up uninstalling all of the Asus software and that fixed my BSODs.

If it is your power supply, it looks like it has a 10-year warranty if going by your profile.

Back