• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Random Crash while Playing GTA SA On HTPC

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,188
I can play for a while maybe like a 30mins (Give or take a few) and then I get a BSOD and system restart :mad: I like playing my game on the big tv :D but I don't like it crashing
System Specs: HTPC
MSI K7N2GM-L N-Force2(MS-6777) (http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=K7N2GM-L)
CPU AMD Athlon XP 2600+
512MB Ram
OS & Programs and Data
Maxtor 6Y80PO 7200RPM 80GB ATA133 With 8 MB Cache FDB Motor
Video Drive:
Maxtor 6Y160PO 7200RPM 160GB ATA133 8MB Cache FDB Motor
DVD/CD-RW Drive NEC ND-2500A
ATI 9600XT Saphire Brand 265MB Ram
Enermax CS-10068-B With an 270 Watt Enermax PSU
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
I have all of the latest drivers and patches for the game and this is a fresh install of windows Thanks
 
40 C CPU 35C Case Could it be the PSU it not powerful enough to run this system?
 
I have this case with the 270 watt enermax psu that came with it it's a 24 Pin PSU and the MB only has 20 pins to I had to remove the extra 4 pins they slid off the connector easy. I will try it with an extra 450 watt PSU I have a see what happens
 
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

Click the System "page", I suppose, and look for the red exclamations
 
first thoughts, temperatures. they look ok though. second thought is power source. might wanna check on that. you got the power hungry combo.. AMD and ATI :) (Along with many peripherals!)

are you overclocking any? are your ram timings too stiff? also, i'd check out the BSOD error code, it might be a software problem... drivers, etc.
 
I had this same problem with a 9800 pro. The game would run perfect for 10 minutes or so then it would just reboot instantly for no reason. I did a few google searches and it happens to other people as well. It seems that the game crashes on ati 9xxx series cards for no reason.
 
it works fine on my other nforce2 board with simarlr config the one in my sig. and I don't overclock any of my cpus I don't know how to yet I disabled restart and all I got was a blue sreen with no message and nothing in event viewer. And I looked back in event viewer and no red marks so I will try an different PSU and see what happens may have to to full ATX :mad:
 
Nope tried an Antec 400Watt ATX 12V PSU same thing so I think it's just this combinabtion of hardware that the game does not like one last ditch effort on board VGA Yuck :( (If GTA SA will work with that low end on board VGA)
 
Back
Top