Okay guys, I built a new computer a few months back and since I haven't been able to get it to play games with 100% stability.
The specs:
Asus K8V SE Deluxe (latest BIOS)
AMD 64bit 3000+ CPU
2x Corsair Value RAM DDR400 516MB
ATI AIW 8500DV Video Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
1x Maxtor 120 GB ATA/133
2x 80GB SATA in a RAID 0 array.
Plextor PX-712A Drive
500 Watt PSU
Windows 2000 Pro
All the drivers and BIOS are running their current builds.
Now, on to the problem when I play a game after some time it will out of nowhere freeze, and by that I mean the screen goes black, monitor says it no longer gets a signal from the video card. Now the sound will continue like normal for few seconds but depending on if the ATI driver is able to recover the card it will either lock the sound or it will come back. Once in a while in windows it will give me an error that it can not read a block of memory from a specific address, I know I wish I wrote down the address but didn't. The problem seems to happen more often in UT2004 then WoW. However Older games like Quake 2 have never caused this issue.
Things I have tried:
New Motherboard (didn't help)
New CPU (didn't help)
Swapped RAM from another computer, though it is slower ram (same problem)
Switched to on board sound and remove sound card (didn't help)
Anyone have any ideas on what could cause it? At this point Im at my wits end and will listen to any ideas.
The specs:
Asus K8V SE Deluxe (latest BIOS)
AMD 64bit 3000+ CPU
2x Corsair Value RAM DDR400 516MB
ATI AIW 8500DV Video Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
1x Maxtor 120 GB ATA/133
2x 80GB SATA in a RAID 0 array.
Plextor PX-712A Drive
500 Watt PSU
Windows 2000 Pro
All the drivers and BIOS are running their current builds.
Now, on to the problem when I play a game after some time it will out of nowhere freeze, and by that I mean the screen goes black, monitor says it no longer gets a signal from the video card. Now the sound will continue like normal for few seconds but depending on if the ATI driver is able to recover the card it will either lock the sound or it will come back. Once in a while in windows it will give me an error that it can not read a block of memory from a specific address, I know I wish I wrote down the address but didn't. The problem seems to happen more often in UT2004 then WoW. However Older games like Quake 2 have never caused this issue.
Things I have tried:
New Motherboard (didn't help)
New CPU (didn't help)
Swapped RAM from another computer, though it is slower ram (same problem)
Switched to on board sound and remove sound card (didn't help)
Anyone have any ideas on what could cause it? At this point Im at my wits end and will listen to any ideas.